10. Blind Eye

10

We got to his apartment and headed inside with big smiles. 

“Do you mind if I take a shower? I feel gross.”

“Go for it.  Do you have enough clothes though?”

“I’m a girl, I over pack.” I winked.

He smiled and after dropping his helmet and jacket, went to the kitchen and began cooking dinner for us.

I wasn’t as nervous the second round with the shower.  Maybe it was because of the revealing day and the fact that I was actually his girlfriend.

Suddenly in the middle of shampooing I had to brace myself.  “I’m his girlfriend.” I whispered to myself.  My shocked expression slowly turned into a girly smile and I began giggling.  I suddenly felt bubbly and happy.  I was Cade’s girlfriend!  The thought continued to circle through my head through the rest of the shower and as I dressed now in some comfortable yoga pants and this time a white V-neck.

I shoved the dirty clothes in my bag and walked out to the heavenly smell of cooking lasagna.  “Mmmmm!  It smells delicious Cade.” I said, walking into the kitchen after dropping my bag.

“Thanks.” He smiled and finished cleaning a pan.  He turned to face me, and had his glasses on, making my heart flutter.  I was pretty sure no matter what he wore he’d be attractive.  Even if it was just a paper bag covering him…

Suddenly I blushed when I thought of only a paper bag covering him.  Not the reaction I was aiming for.

“Are you okay?” He asked with a cute smile.

“I’m fine!” I replied quickly.

He chuckled lightly, “If you say so.” He sung.  “We’re together now, so if there’s something you want to say it’s okay to say it.” He turned back around and began drying some of the dishes.  “What were you just thinking?”

“I was thinking of you in only a paper bag.”

The cup he was washing suddenly slipped out of his hand and banged on the counter.  “You what?!” He said turning with a huge smile.  “Did I hear that right?”

I was red down to my toes at this point, “I was just being honest!”

He began laughing like crazy, “Where did that train of thought come from?”

“I was thinking how cute you were in those glasses and then how you look good in anything, even a paper bag, then the image of you in only a paper bag crossed my mind and I blushed.” I looked at my feet and began fidgeting.

Within a second he strode over to me and grabbed my face, crashing his lips onto mine.  He pulled away with one arm around my waist and his hand around my face, making me look up at him, “When you say things like that I can hardly control myself.  Stop being so cute.” He smiled.