The Story Of Us

"Daddyyyy! Wake up!" Nayeon's little voice roamed throughout her parent's room. "Daddy, daddy!" the girl repeatedly said as she shakes the body of her "daddy."

"What is it, Nayeon-ah?" Jinyoung, the one who woke up first asked her daughter while he prevents the girl from shaking the other sleeping figure beside him. "Goodmorning baby. Let's go down, I'll make breakfast for you, okay?" Jinyoung asked as he carried the little girl into his arms.

"But it's always Daddy Daehwi who cooks breakfast for us, though? Didn't you know how to cook, Dad?"

"Yah! Who told you that I can't cook, huh? And Daddy Hwi is tired from last night, so let him rest, okay? I'm sure he'll have a hard time walking down." Jinyoung replied and tickles the girl with his other hand.

"What did you do with him last night, Dad? Is that why you let me stay into Uncle Jisung's house? Because you'll enjoy by yourself?" Nayeon asked grumpily thinking that her parents betrayed her, and they "play" by themselves.

"It's not like that, Nayeonnie. We just need some 'quality time' with each other because we've been busy with work and taking care of you," Jinyoung replied and started walking down to their kitchen. "So, let this daddy cook for you, okay?"

"Okay," Nayeon just replied with a hint of doubt whether her Daddy Jinyoung can make great food like her Daddy Hwi. As soon as they arrived at the kitchen, Jinyoung put Nayeon on the counter as he prepare to cook. He though he'll just cook pancakes since that's the easiest thing to do. "Really, Dad? Pancakes?" the girl asked with sassiness when she saw Jinyoung preparing the pancake batter.

"This is the easiest one to cook, hun. And this is the only food I can cook," Jinyoung replied with embarassment. But, seriously. How can she reply to me with that sassy tone, it makes me think that we really had her and didn't adopted her, he thought. "See, I told you that we should have woken Daddy Hwi up."

"Nayeon-ah, where did you get that kind of attitude?" Daehwi asked while he enters the kitchen limping and he quickly went to grab a chair. "I'm sorry, daddy. It's just that Daddy Jinyoung said he can cook anything but he just cooked pancakes," Nayeon went down from the kitchen counter and kissed Daehwi's cheeks.

"Does it still hurts?" Jinyoung asked and went to kissed Daehwi's lips. "Of course, it is! It's all your fault," Daehwi playfully hits Jinyoung's arms while Nayeon is looking at them with a curious face.

"No matter how much I think of it, I really think that you both enjoy the night yesterday, by yourself. And left me alone with Jeongyeon, who doesn't know anything other than teasing me," Nayeon said, she's really smart for a 7 year old.

"Is our baby jealous?" Daehwi askes cutely. "Don't worry, I'd invited your other friends especially Jihyo and Mina, and they'll come here later together with all your uncles."

"Really?!" Nayeon beamed in happiness because of what she heard.

"Yep, really. So stop being salty about pancakes for breakfast, because I'll cook your favorite later while you share it with your friends, okay?"

"Okay, Dad," Nayeon replied as she patiently wait for Jinyoung to finish cooking the pancakes.

"Seriously, love. What do you have in you that you can make Nayeon follow almost all your orders?" Jinyoung saltily asked because he can't do that.

"Coz I'm more like a mother than you," Daehwi replied and sticked his tongue out at Jinyoung.

"Yeah, of course," Jinyoung replied without any hint of piss at his voice, he's probably thinking about how submissive Daehwi is so probably, he's more mother-like than him.