Chapter 3

It was dark out and raining.

I couldn't see very well and had honestly no clue as to where I was.

I felt something hit my car and suddenly I was spinning off the mud covered dirt road. I lost control of my car and the front of it hit a tree.

"Dammit." I muttered lowly to myself as I looked around for my phone.

"DAMMIT." This time I said it louder once I realized that much like a hour movie, it was dead.

 I looked around for any sign of human life in the area and found none.

I sighed, exasperated and exhausted. I just wanted to go home and sleep in my bed with my cat. Was that so much to ask?

I knew I couldn't just sit in my car. So, I did the stupidest thing imaginable. I got out of the car and walked around. I hadn't brought a coat so I was walking in the rain. I knew that it could be days before someone drove down this road and found me so I figured I'd walk to the nearest town.

I heard a twig snap behind me. I turned to look behind me and saw only darkness. "Hello?" I called, hoping someone was there. Not a creep, I prayed.

"Is anybody out there?" I called in my shaky voice. I realized that I was shivering from the cold and rain. Probably not the best day to wear shorts and a t-shirt.

Suddenly another twig snapped and I gasped when I heard a sort of whoosh behind me and someone's hot breath fanning on my ear causing a shiver to run down my spine.

There was definitely someone out there.

"Hello?" I called frantically. 

"Who are you?" I asked the figure of which was crouched in the shadows of the tall trees looming above.

The figure crawled towards me, never seeming to leave the shadows enough for me to see it.

Until it did.

I had been able to name out the human form in the near pitch black darkness until I was suddenly lying on the ground with a dirty looking man hovering above me.

I gasped in shock at how quickly he had moved us into this position.

I could tell that the human figure was male. His bright blue eyes reminded me of the beach vacations that my family and I used to take when I was little.

I normally would have screamed at being underneath a man in such a way but oddly I felt safe around him. Under him, I should say.

Like in the way that he would never let anything hurt me again.

I oddly trusted him and he hadn't even spoken yet.