Chapter 9

Nolan and I, upon the recent revelation of how Nolan felt towards me, fell asleep together in my bed.

I was wrapped up in Nolan's muscular build in a possessive and protective position. I woke up snuggled into his chest with his arms still around me.

I really had to pee though. Dammit Hazel!

I was surprised that I was able to get away from Nolan's tight grip but I somehow did.

I scurried off to the bathroom and did my business. Once done, I washed my hands when I heard a loud bang.

I jumped when I saw Nolan in the mirror. His legs were spread apart slightly and his chest was heaving. His hands were clenched at his sides in tight balled up fists, his knuckles were ghost white.

He stalked towards me and and wrapped his arms around me. "Hazel." He muttered in a husky voice that made me tremble. "I woke up and you were gone, I thought Uriah took you from me."

I shook my head and buried my face in his shirt.

"No." I whispered. "So Uriah is your brother?" I asked.

Nolan nodded pulling away to look at me. He then picked me up bridal style, I yelped in surprise. "Nolan!" I squealed making him chuckle.

"Yes?" Nolan asked with a smug smile.

"Put me down! I have plans today!" I squealed wriggling from his hold.

"What plans?" Nolan chuckled.

"I'm visiting my hometown because I feel like it." I said making it up on the spot. I did want to see someone from town.

"What about your cat?" Nolan asked me.

I shrugged looking down at the fur ball of a creature. "Can you feed her until I get back?"

Nolan shook his head and furrowed his eyebrows. "If you're going somewhere that's a few hours away then I'm going too."

I shook my head. I understood that his animalistic need to keep me safe was all that was on his mind at the moment but I assumed that if I left him alone then he might remember a thing or two.

"No, I need you to stay here and try to remember more about your past. Maybe more about say, Uriah?" I suggested causing Nolan to revaluate.

He sighed before nodding. "Fine."

I hugged him around the waist before running off into my bedroom to get my clothes on.

I put on a yellow hoodie and some black leggings with my white converse shoes.

"Love you! Bye!" I called as I left the apartment. I blushed realizing I had just told Nolan that I loved him.

I walked over to the elevator and when the doors opened someone shoved me inside. "Hey Beautiful. It's unfortunate that my brother got in the way of last night."

I screamed.

Hey! I know, Nolan is a bit intense but you'll find out why in a few chapters.

Anyway, here is a cover that I made for this book: