Chapter 8

"Hazel are you hurt?" Nolan asked worriedly checking me over for injuries. I shook my head.

"Like hell you aren't." Nolan practically growled to the guys and Uriah in particular.

"Hey, who is he?" Uriah asked me.

"My Roommate." I said feebly.

Uriah chuckled and slowly clapped. "Good one their Hayley."

"Her name is Hazel." Nolan growled pushing me behind him so that home was shielding me from the eye raping of the seven men at the barstools.

"Move along goody two shoes." Uriah slurred grabbing around Nolan trying to grab me.

"Keep the hell away from her." Nolan growled before taking me out the door.

"How did you get here?" I asked curiously looking up at Nolan who had an unreadable expression on his face. It seemed like a mix of loathing and protectiveness.

"I thought I recognized Uriah from somewhere so I decided to follow you two here. When I saw him touching you. I just couldn't help it. I feel like I have to protect you. I found you in the woods and you were cold and afraid. Yet, not afraid of me." Nolan said pulling me closer to his warmth.

"But I feel something for you that goes beyond anything I have ever felt before. I don't just want to protect you. I want to be able to say that you are mine. Because ever since I saw you in the forest, I have known that I love you." Nolan continued looking at me every so often.

I smiled. "You love me?" I asked in slight disbelief and relief.

"Yes." Nolan said snaking his arm around my waist.

"No one has said that to me since the car crash." I whispered more so to myself.

"What car crash?" Nolan asked, his eyebrows furrowed together in confusion.

"It was a few years ago. My parents and siblings were in the car. We were driving to the beach but had barely left the town before the crash happened. I was the sole survivor of the accident." I said sorrowfully replaying the memory in my head over and over.

There was a slightly awkward silence after I said that.

"So, where did you think you recognized Uriah from?" I asked trying to obviously Avery the subject from me as we entered the apartment.

"He's my brother."

DUN DUN DUNNNNNNNN

ANYWHOODLES, Here is a lovely cover by colorfulcharades

she has a cute little cover shop.