Chapter 11

Sitting on Nolan's lap back at our apartment two days later, Nolan began playing with my hair.

"You know Hazel. I remember how I got in the woods." Nolan said sadly.

I nodded. "I know too."

Nolan flipped me around so that I was straddling him. "What do you mean you know too?"

"Uriah told me about some girl named Viola." I said avoiding eye contact like the plague.

Nolan nodded. "Yeah. She was important to me but she wasn't like you."

I buried my face in his neck and thought about the last few days events.

"Does this mean that you're leaving?" I asked, my voice muffled.

"No. Hazel I am not leaving you. Not now, not ever." Nolan said looking me in the eyes as he pulled back to make eye contact.

"I want to show you something." Nolan said carrying me out to his car in the parking garage.

"You know, my legs work." I said playfully swatting at his arm.

"I know." Nolan said kissing me as he set me down gently in my seat.

We drove a few hours north and ended up in Virginia.

We pulled over at a park and Nolan got out, opening my door.

We walked hand in hand through the woods and kicked the orange and red leaves out of our way as they fell.

I smiled and danced around and giggled all the way.

"Hazel." Nolan said getting my attention.

"Will you be my official girlfriend?" Nolan asked and I responded by throwing my arms around his neck and pressing my chapped lips against his.

"I'll take that as a yes." Nolan said with a huge smile.

I nodded and smiled. "Of course it is."

Nolan lifted me up off my feet abs twirled me around in the air.

"I love you Hazel." He said with so much adoration in his eyes that my heart melted.

"I love you too Nolan."