one.

i. she's back in business
— " for having a season off, you look great."

———★✼☆ ̥———

———★✼☆ ̥———

chapter one ❩

— CHARITY'S POV

YOU COULD SAY that being a teenage beauty queen was a privilege. or you could say that it's the most stupid thing ever. but to me, it's a competition against one of my rivals since childhood, paris clarke.

growing up as the daughter to a famous australian beauty pageant contestant wasn't exactly a walk in the park. but it also wasn't the worst thing either. i started competing at the young age of six and have been running in them since then.

paris clarke has been doing the same. i can ever so clearly remember her walking through the doors that one day with her bleach blonde hair tousled in immense diva curls with her cliché sky blue eyes that matched. she believes that the more skin she showed, the better votes that she'll get.

i was pretty much the opposite with my hip-lengthed golden brown hair and light blue eyes that seemed almost grey. besides competing in pageants, i absolutely loved playing sports. especially tennis and beach volleyball.

my mother, bianca hudson, is one of the most famous beauty queens in the history of beauty pageants in australia. she began competing in pageants since she was 10, up until she married my dad william hudson when she was 19.

my mom continued competing for three years after she got married but ended her career when she was pregnant with me.

my 17 year old brother blake was quick to snap me outta my thoughts by knocking on my door and shouting rather loudly. " yo chari, you better get going down here because mom's gonna leave without you."

"okay i'll be down in a minute." i shouted back before i grabbed my phone and shoved it in the back pocket of my ripped jean shorts.

i shuffled down the spiral staircase ever so quickly before i was met with the face of my mother. she's only 37 and her dark chestnut hair still looks the same as the pictures she has from her old competitions.

"hi, sweetie. are you ready to go get some dresses made for your next pageant?" my mother asked me with a bright smile on her face.

i nodded. "she's back in business." after a seasons break i was ready to go to 'the worldwide competition for already beauty queens'.

"great. blake, we'll be back at about eight o'clock so you and your father might wanna get some dinner since charity and i will be eating out tonight."