eight.

viii. the pageant, part two
— " congrats, you've earned it princess."

———★✼☆ ̥———

———★✼☆ ̥———

❨ chapter eight ❩

— CHARITY'S POV

AFTER TWO LONG hours of this competition already, it was finally time for the question portion. now, thankfully these questions weren't too hard as this is the part that always stresses me out the most. i always get scared that the judges won't like my answer.

as i was thinking about all of this, brad and jake once again started doing my hair and makeup for the last time. brad just kept it simple with my hair still curled from the updo, he put it into an gorgeous half up half down hairstyle. jake subtled out my makeup as he did before when it was the swimsuit round, but added a nude lip.

i changed into my last outfit of the night which was a short black spaghetti strap evening dress, with some simple black heels. i felt so nervous, i wasn't sure what to do.

i turn around and see that ebony is coming my way. "hey eb." i smile and bring her in for a quick hug.

"what's wrong char? you seem off." she replies, clearly studying my facial expressions and how im speaking.

"i'm not even that sure honestly," i start, while beginning to play with my hair. "i guess i'm just nervous that i'm not gonna do well at answering the question."

she gives me a warm smile and puts her hand on my shoulder. 'awe don't worry about that, you'll do great i know it." her reassurance always seems to help me. "i also know that you're gonna beat paris."

i grin at her being so supportive. she always has been, and i love her for it. i'm about to reply but as i start to speak i hear the presenter start to speak, "now these girls aren't done yet, they have one final thing to participate in. the big question round. may all participants make their way to the stage immediately."

ebony and i quickly look in the nearest mirror and make sure our makeup and hair and everything is just how its supposed to be. i make me way out onto the stage, smiling at the audience as i do so.

the presenter makes us stand in a line along the middle of the stage. he first explains how this is going to be done, he's just going to say our name and ask us a question then if the judges want to say anything, they can.

paris is up first. "paris clarke." the presenter says. she walks forward to him and stands off to his left side. people are cheering as she walks, this does kinda rile me up but i mean i dont mind the competition, it kinda keeps me on my toes. "your question is, what made you decide to enter this pageant?" he asks.