seven.

vii. the pageant, part one
— " my beautiful babe you're gonna look amazing."

                          ———★✼☆ ̥———

———★✼☆ ̥———

❨ chapter seven ❩

— CHARITY'S POV

JUST A QUICK half an hour after the whole swimsuit mishap, it was finally time to start getting ready. i grab all my outfits, my makeup bag and all the rest of the things i would need to get ready.

i already called my mom's makeup artist, jake ceballos in advance and my mom had booked him a room and a flight for him to come here to do my pageant makeup.

i literally love jake so much like damn. his makeup is always actual goals and since i also wanna be a makeup artist when i'm older, i aspire to be like him one day. i mean, even though we are the same age.

anyways, i quickly run into my bathroom and grab all my hair things before picking up my phone off of the kitchen table. i slid it into my back pocket and quickly shout for my mom.

she arrives in the kitchen and i tell her that i'm ready to leave. she calls a taxi and soon we're on our way to the venue. blake ended up not coming with us, he would come with my mom right before the show since she would have to go back to the hotel soon.

↬♔♔♔♔↫

we arrive at the venue after about ten minutes in the taxi. my mom pays the driver and i grab my bag. i step out of the door and we both hurry inside.

i go up to one of the workers there and ask where the backstage entrance is. he points me in the right direction and i thank him before i gesture for my mom to follow me.

we both make our ways through the black curtains which lead to the place where the girls get ready.

i took a quick glance around and saw all the contestants that were here so far. there wasn't that many honestly. maybe 15 so far although there was supposed to be 25.

i head over to my little station and start setting all my things down. jake was supposed to arrive in about 5 minutes and my hair stylist, brad mondo, was due here any minute now. while i waited for him i decided to go on my snapchat.

typing in my password, i open snapchat, seeing i have a notification from romeo. i pursed my lips together as i stared at his name, then ended up clicking on it.

i decide to open it so i click on the tiny red square. the picture that fills my phone screen is a mirror selfie of him in his outfit that he had to wear tonight.