Roman (Ch.3)

"Hello... ROMAN" As the memory played through my mind I punched the training dummy. I was pissed, I needed to do something. But all I could think of was this.

"Stop what exactly? Stop being angry?" another punch...

  "STAYED? and ruin your perfectly happy birthday. What kind of a monster do you think I am?"  and another one...

  "How would you know? Roman, you never paid me any attention until last year with the whole base attack." and another one until...

  "Well then, I'm afraid that tiny glass heart of your... will remain shattered. Because I am never going back." I completely destroyed the training dummy. I sighed and stepped away to clean the blood off my knuckles.

"Why Virgil? I loved you and you broke my heart." I have got to stop doing this to myself. It's getting me nowhere. All I've been doing is crying over a broken heart. I'm not even trying to do anything but hit a damn dummy until it breaks. This is the third time just today. I took a deep breath, waved my hand over the mess, and watched as it fixed itself. Now if only I could do that with people. I go to return to training when I heard knocking at my door.

"Roman, have you seen Patton?" I walked over to the door and opened it to find Logan looking worried.

"Yeah, I saw it just a few minutes ago. He was in the kitchen. Why?" Logan just turned away and left to go look for Patton. I don't blame him, After what happened with Virgil, Patton's been lost in his own head. We all have been, the broken training dummy is proof of that. I went to go grab a water when my phone started ringing.

"Hello?"

"Oh thank god. I tried Patton and Logan but they didn't answer." Why was Deceit calling me? I thought he was off to doing god knows what in the hollow.

"They, uh, are busy. What's up" I pull a water bottle from the fridge and sat at the table to talk. I could already tell he was upset. Something had happened. 

"It's Virgil." Greeeaaat... Not.

"Deceit I don't really feel."

"Shut up and listen! Something isn't right with him."

"No duh, he gave in to the dark and stayed there with that freak. Of course, something isn't right with him." I already had enough of this conversation. I took the cold bottle and placed it on my forehead cooling it. I then got a napkin and dried off all the water and sweat from my workout.

"ROMAN! Get your head out of your ass and forget your wounded heart for a god damn minute!" I had to pull the phone away from my ear. I don't understand why he is so worked up. It's only been, what, 2 weeks since that day. I'm sure Virgil is fine, living it up without us. I don't even know why he insisted on staying to watch over him. It's not like Virgil wants us anywhere near him. "Virgil is sick."

"He's always sick. It's nothing new for him."

"God damn it, Roman. Something happened to him earlier today. He was in a lot of pain and then all of a sudden he's out cold with a VERY bad fever. I have no idea who to help him."

"WHY HELP HIM? He's got Marcos to do that. Virgil made his choice, and it does not include us, so just stop."

"You may have given up on him Roman but I haven't. My friend is still in there and I will make sure he is safe. Whether you approve of it or not." I threw my cell phone against the wall breaking it in two. Now, look at what you've done Princey. 

It's not like I don't want to help him. I do. It's not that I'm not worried for him. I'm terrified. I just don't know what to do. I don't even know if I can do anything anyway. I haven't given up on him... I've given up on me.

"ROMAN I NEED YOU!" I ran out of the kitchen following Logan as he ran to Virgil's room. I stopped and stared until I saw Patton lying there barely breathing. The air buzzed with electricity, and the windows and mirror were wet with condensation. What has he been doing to himself?  "We need to get him out of here. But... I don't know where."

"Thomas! If he goes to the real world his magik won't be able to go out of control... ANd you know Thomas will take good care of him." I ran over and picked Patton up bridal style while Logan just sat there mortified. "LOGAN! He's going to be ok."

"He better." Logan whispered just before we all sank down.