Logan (Ch.17) <1>

"Silly Logan." Oh god, his laugh... Ok, I'm going to do it. 

"Um, Patton maybe now I could..."

"Oh my god, Roman's gift I completely forgot about it. It would be rude of me not to open it." I just laughed while Pat ran back into the kitchen, following closely behind him. Your right, I shouldn't just ask flat out it needs to be romantic. UGGH FEELINGS!! Why? They're the bane of my existence.

"What did he get you?"

"A suit... I think." Patton held it up and I blushed. God damn it Roman, I haven't even asked him yet.

"Uh, That's a tux, Patton."

"Oh! Now I see it... I'll have to thank him for it when he comes back. Though we don't go to very many parties, so I worry I won't be able to put it to good use." This is why I love you... Patton walked over to the cookies and took one, spinning it around in his fingers. "It was very kind of Virgil to make my favorite cookies. Even if he had to leave." My smile dimmed a bit.

"Hey, Patton? Let's go out to the garden, ok?" He beamed again. He always loved the garden. He took my hand and began to lead me out. I just watched him, silently thank god that he exists. I guess some feelings are favorable. 

The garden was beautiful, but the look Patton had as he looked at all the flowers, that was true beauty. We just walked around the garden, Patton humming as he went. I wasn't really paying attention to the nature around me. There was one moment Patton stopped moving for a bit and a butterfly landed on his nose. Another moment, he's making us flower crowns. However, it wasn't until we stopped at the roses did my heart truly flutter.

"Hey Lo?" I looked back at him as he just stared at the roses. "Do you know why roses are my favorite?"

"No, I do not." He smiled and he picked one off the bush. 

"It's because their beauty is fleeting, yet they're so loved. They're loved long after they've wilted and a new flower takes it place.  Their beauty may be fleeting but there loved eternally. They are used in so many things, and while some people try to prolong their beauty, a true roses beauty lies in the bush itself. As a single flower it is lovely but as a group, as a family, it is breathtaking. They all are important. They all complement each other. Everyone together and loved. That's what I want. I want a family like a rose bush. I want to be loved like a rose." I grabbed Patton's hands and placed them to my chest, holding him close as I looked right into his eyes.

"Your not a rose, Your my world. Your not my love, your my life. Without you am but a seed, You are the sun and the water that makes me who I'm meant to be. My love for you is not that of a flower, but more. You are my everything, and to a flower, you do not compare. If a flowers beauty is fleeting, then you are no flower, for your beauty is not in your appearance but the light you shine, the love you give, and nature of your heart. Your beauty is neverending... everlasting. I am nothing when compared to you... but I want to be by your side. If you'll let me." I let go of his hands and reached into my pocket and pulled out a tiny box with a ring inside.

"Logan?" I took a deep breath and opened the box.

"Patton Sanders, will you marry me?"

"Of course, you fucking idiot. You never even had to ask."