Logan (Ch.9)

"Are you ok?" I look up to see Patton looking back at me with sad eyes. It's not his fault. I'm just... overloaded. That's why I came in here in the first place. I'm too emotional right now to do any good. I don't mean to, but I just keep making mistakes. Of course, he couldn't eat the sandwich. The bread alone would be too much and then with everything I added... He just looks so sick. Virgil would have kicked my ass if I hadn't already done it."What's so funny. I haven't even said my joke yet."

"Nothing hun, I was just thinking. Virgil would be so upset with me right now." My smile got wider. I miss the kid. "He care's a lot about you, you know?"

"It's not just me." Patton walks over and picks up the family picture I accidentally dropped during my freak out. He dusted it and set it back on the desk, smiling at all our young happy faces. "He cares about us all. Were his family after all."

"I'm sorry if I scared you." I looked around my room. I basically destroyed it. Anger is very distructive, and no I was not angry at Patton. I was angry at myself. Patton's trying and I just keep losing my cool. I'm not being very logical am I?

"You didn't scare me, You had me a bit worried. I thought maybe you..." Patton stopped for a minute and sniffed the air. He looked like a little puppy. His eye's beams and he started jumping up and down. "MY SOUP!"

"Patton wait!" I followed after as he ran full speed back towards the kitchen. There on the stove was a big pot, and three bowl sat on the table. Patton looked in the pot and started jumping up and down again. He had this gleam in his eyes. He usually only got this way for double chocolate fudge drizzled cookies he used to get at the day program, before the baker up and left. To this day know one knows who actually made them. And since know one knew, that also didn't know how they were made. 

"What is it hun?" He turned to me slightly, with this huge grin and laughed. He then ran to the table to grab his bowl but tripped, on nothing, and ended up hurting himself. Not bad, just a bruise but still. "You sit down, and I'll make you a bowl or this magically appearing soup."

"It's my Patton-ted 'Get Well' soup. I made it once for the Day Program, and they added it to their menu."

"Ok, so why is it here?" Patton shrugged. He obviously didn't make it and I didn't. I have no idea if Roman can even cook, so who would've... "Virgil."

"He did work at the Day Program, but he wasn't..." Patton just stopped and looked at the bowl of soup I set in front. Virgil was at Thomas' meaning he had to sink down to get there and to leave. He would have been here at least at one point. He must have stayed and when we were in my room he... Must have made Patton the soup. For someone who always pretended to not care, he's always the one to lend a hand.

He really his Patton's son. They have the same kind heart.

"My son... made the soup." Patton just sat there staring at it, after a while a smile began to grow. He grabbed a spoon and began eating it as if it were a cake. He then looked at me and frowned.

"Hey, don't pretend I haven't noticed how thin you are. You need to eat too. Virgil didn't make this soup just for me." I nodded and made myself a bowl. When it comes to Patton you never fight with his dad mode. I was really good. It was light and easy to eat despite how much was in it. It warmed you up and left you feeling energized. I guess that's why Patton called it his "Get Well" soup. 

When we were finished Patton cleaned off the table and went to go watch a movie. I stayed behind to do the dishes. A few plates in and my phone began ringing. I glanced at the caller id confused. Why was Deceit calling me?

"Deceit? If this is about Roman I don't really want to get in the middle of it. He didn't go into details but he said there was a fight, I just don't have the patience to..." I stopped talking, when I heard the sound of crying.

"Lo..gan... Something h-happened.... I need help."