Patton (Ch.7)

"I'm sorry, dad. I love you." 

"VIRGIL!" I yelled after him as he sank. Logan ran in looking confused. I was just standing there in shock. My son came back. He came back and then he left again.

"It was just a dream, Patton." Thomas came over, placing his hand on my shoulder. I shrugged him off and walked over to the stairs that Virgil had just been. "Patton, please you're not well."

"He was here. He hugged me and he smiled and he..."

"You were just dreaming, there is no one else..."

"THOMAS!" I turned to find Logan staring at me, tears in his eyes. "He's telling the truth. Besides who else would have shown me up when it comes to taking care of Patton." He said as he pointed over at the table that was covered in paper towels and wash clothes. Thomas just sat on the chair looking confused.

"I don't understand. I thought Virgil... Why would he come back? But more importantly... Why didn't he stay?"

"He was probably afraid of what we would do."

"Why I love the kid, he's my anxiety? Does he really think that I would hate him now?"

"Well, he is Anxiety... But more importantly, are you ok Patton?" Logan came over and pulled me into a hug. I was still in shock.

"My son was right there in front of me. My real son, not that angry hurting boy we saw last. Logan, he needs us." I said as I buried myself into him. Virgil looked thin and sick. What if he had another attack and didn't have anyone to help him. What if he isn't eating again and there isn't anyone to make sure he is getting enough. What if that Marcos guy is hurting him?

"Patton, right now you are the one that needs help. You haven't eaten since that day, you basically electrocuted yourself not a half hour ago." He pulled away and led me back to the couch. "I know how you feel. I feel it too. I miss him too. But Virgil is a strong kid. He'll come back when he's ready, just like last time."

"Logan, he's my son."

"And right now he's probably cursing me out for allowing you to get this bad. And then blaming it all on himself. The soon you get better. The happier he will be. You know how much he cares." 

"But..."

"No, but... besides he's got Deceit with him. That guy won't lets anything happen to his brother you know that."

"Hun? I..."

"Yeah, Pat."

"I think I want a cookie." Everyone broke out laughing and I couldn't help but start to smile. "Maybe two, I'm feeling dangerous."

"Ok, Patton, You can have some cookies. But... only after you've actually eaten a meal."

"Ahh poo." Logan just laughed as he went to the kitchen. He stopped however when he found that Thomas did have anything. That kid really needs to learn how to cook. Thomas shrugged and Logan just frowned.

"Guess we're going back to the mind space."

"You sure what about..." Thomas asked, pointing at me. I knew what he meant. What if I had another attack? What if I get hurt again? My son needs me. And if he needs me to get better, then I won't let anything happen. Not if it means he'll come back. I'll eat three good meals, go to bed when I'm supposed to, shower, and actually leave my room. I'll get better and be healthier so that Virgil can stop blaming himself and come home to where he belongs. That's what truly matters to me. Having my family together and happy... That's all I want.

"It will be fine." Logan was already picking up the mess Virgil and him made. Logan never really liked leaving things a mess, if it was his fault. It made him feel bad. It made me feel bad, All I did was crash Thomas' movie night being sick and all that. 

"Yeah but Logan..."

"Trust me, Thomas. We'll be fine." Logan smiled slightly and walked over to me. He placed his hand on my forehead and smiled. My fever went down.  That's good.

"If anything happens, you guys better let me know."

"We will kiddo, I promise."

"Especially if it's about Virgil. Ok?"

"Indubitably." Logan just straightened his tie and nodded. I have to mess with him. It just wouldn't be the same without one joke.

"You could say chances of us leaving you out would be..."

"Don't do it!"

"Infinitesimal." Logan yelled and I laughed.

"You make one mistake." I just kept laughing. The look on his face made it all worth it. " That was forced."

"Yeah it was but it was still funny."

"One time... It was just one time." Logan kept repeating as he sank down. I looked over at Thomas and smiled.

"Don't worry kiddo, it might seem bad now, but things will get better." And with that I left. 

At least I hope it does.