Patton (Ch.16) <2>

"Happy Birthday Patton!" I looked up to find Roman handing over a box with a bright blue ribbon. He had this huge smile that just warms the heart. 

"Awe Kiddo." I looked around to see Logan standing in the doorway... but no Virgil. "Wait, Where's Virgil?"

"He... went back." My heart sank. Logan walked over, his hand's hand behind his back. 

"Today, but I thought... he said." Something came up... No, something was already happening, I was just left out of the loop.

"Forget that emo nightmare today's your day."

"Roman!" I know he didn't mean it, he just... doesn't know how to feel.

"No Patton, as much as I disagree fervently with the way Roman said his declaration, I believe him to be correct. Today is your day, love. You have the right to be happy." I smile sadly and get out of bed. I go into the bathroom to get out of cat onesie and into my usual outfit for the day. When I came back out Roman was laying in my bed looking up at the star stickers, and Logan was standing awkwardly in the corner with his hands in his pocket. He's going out of his way to hide them... Nah, it's probably nothing.

"Ok, So what's first." Logan and Roman just looked at each other.

"Cookies?" Roman shrugged unsure what to say. I wasn't putting them on the spot, It's not like I expected something. I just wanted to know what they wanted to do. Yes I know it's my birthday but I just want to spend it with family that's all.

"For breakfast?" I asked as I picked up the beautifully wrapped gift that Roman had gotten me.

"Why not... They are yours."

"I never made cookies." I was confused. I know that normally I am, but I didn't make them and I an not going to take someone else's cookies from them. I'm not a cookie monster.

"Virgil made them for you last night... As a birthday gift." Oh... I don't know if that makes me feel any better. If I'm being honest. I would much rather him actually being here.

"Well, Thank you, Virgil." I said to no one really. I put on a smile and left to the kitchen with everyone in tow. I didn't want them to know how sad I was. I know I can't really hide it from Logan but... I'm still going to do my best.

"Well guys I would love to chat but I have something I have to do so... Happy birthday, Patton." Roman said as he winks at Logan and leaves. What was that about? You know what he probably had something in his eye and I just misread it is all.

"Hey, Patton?" I looked up to see Logan shifting weight from one foot to the other. Is he nervous? "You know how much I love you, right?"

"Well, of course, Lo, you are my boyfriend." I watched as he stopped and took a deep breath. Why was he so nervous? Why do I feel like I'm forgetting important?

"Ok then, Patton do you remember what I asked you yesterday?"

"At dinner, Sure I do Lo." That wasn't what I was forgetting. It was really important. I feel like someone will be very upset if I don't remember it...

"Well, uh, good. Um, so I wanted to ask you something. Patton, will you..."

"THAT'S IT!"I looked over at Logan who was putting his hand back into his pocket. Wait did I miss something?

"What?"

"I remembered Deceit asked me to feed Nagini while he was away. With everything that happened with Virgil, I had completely forgotten. Luckily though they only eat once a week and today the feeding day. I would've felt so bad if I missed it. Oh, I'm sorry Logan were you saying something."

"Nope, Your good. Would you like some help?" Logan walked over to the fridge and grabbed the box labeled 'snake food' and brought over to me. Now I feel like I fudged up somehow. Oh well, can't fix it now, especially if I don't know what I did.

Deceits room was in a different hallway, I never really liked that though. All my kids should be together. ALL of them, even there rooms. I don't like how it separated him from the rest of us. His room was cool. He had all these cool gadgets and stuff. Logan once told me it's called steampunk, but he never really went into much detail about it. Well, whatever it is it looks cool.

Nagini's tank was in the corner by a Harry Potter poster. I never really understood why he named his snake after Lord Voldemorts snake, but he just replied that the basilisk didn't have one. Nagini was small and very cute, but Deceit once said that looks can be deceiving... And coming from him. He said never take him out of the tank. Ok, so I don't, even though the poor thing keeps trying to get out. Hey just because I don't like spiders, doesn't mean I don't like snakes. I love all animals, just not spiders. Nothing but no good creepy crawly death eaters...

I watched as Logan opened the top a bit so I could drop the food in... Which just happened to be a chunk of meat the size of a chicken. I thought snakes at mice... This one eats huge chunks of meat. As soon as the meat hit the bottom of the tank Nagini tore into it.

"Well, I'm glad I'm not that meat."

"Silly Logan"