vii

every girl would kill just to meet the royal family and get married to the handsome prince but the opposite goes for y/n. she would kill just to get out of this place and go as far as she can from this kingdom.

now, let's just absorb this information. y/n was asked to dress up nicely for she was scheduled to go to an important event. as much as she didn't want to wear dresses, she really didn't have a choice. she chose not to wear it at first but yoongi threatened her, saying that he'll be the one going to dress her up if she doesn't obey. of course, she didn't want that so she pushed yoongi out of her room with all her might and put on the dress as fast as she can.

it was lunch time when yoongi came to get her. she remembered glaring at him when he just held her hand unexpectedly and pulled her to the balcony and what she saw made her rethink her life decisions.

her parents were happily chatting with the royal family while sipping their tea.

"what in the bloody hell is happening?"

she might have said that out loud.

everyone turned their heads to her and the maids have told her to sit on the couch that they just pulled. of course, she didn't protest. she didn't really have a choice.

"mother, what is going on?"

she asked, silently hoping that it will be something she would very like to hear but it wasn't granted.

"we are so delighted that you have decided to marry our son, yoongi. he has been really lonely these days and needed someone to love. i am so happy that he met you."

the queen said with a warm and welcoming smile. she didn't notice yoongi beside her until he spoke, loud and clear, enough to be heard bt everyone in the room.

"let me do something first."

with that, he got up and walked a few steps backward from the dining table and immediately got down on one knee before pulling out a small, magenta box from his left pocket. squeals of excitement were heard everywhere. everyone was making a fuss, even the guards and the maids. they seemed to be joyful for the prince and his soon-to-be wife. yoongi then lifted the lid and a diamond ring was seen.

"i want to be a true man for you, so i decided that i should ask you formally first."

everyone was so caught up in the moment. some had already shed tears and some smiled widely but y/n only remained still, not moving nor uttering a single word since he did his stunt.

"will you marry me?"

and the question was finally asked.