The Place Where We Belong

"Between the stars and the Galaxy, that is my home, little one."

|🔸|

|🔸|

THOR was in the living room, pressing the square little black thing under his grip to change the bigger square in front of him. The TV was (or whatever it was according to the Midgardians— by Thor) broadcasting news from across the world, and the God of Thunder found it boring for him to pass his time at the Avengers tower. They were just finishing their mission and everyone decided to either go to sleep or if you were Tony or Bruce continuing their work in their lab. Everyone was exhausted, and just wanted to get some nap before reporting back to Nick Fury tomorrow morning. But the God could not sleep. The war he had with Malekith led to many sacrifices. He remembered his brother, the God of Mischief who died at the war with him to prevent the world from world's domination by the elves.

He remembered the last word Loki said to him, Loki said he did it all not because of their father. That could only mean one thing— he did it for him. Because no matter how many times Thor said if he loved his brother so much, Loki would only consider it as a joke. Thor knew everything about how Loki was actually adopted, or to be fair— was "kidnapped" by Odin when he was baby after the battle between the Asgardians and the Giant Frost. He hated his father, but Thor hated himself more for making Loki felt like he was only his shadow. So, as he could not sleep, he decided to distract his mind with watching some interesting thing.

Darcy— the friend of his girlfriend once taught him some unique TV show that was appropriate enough to watch by a God as she did not want the God himself thought how bad human's joke actually were. Now, he was trying to find those 'appealing' show. The beers and some snacks to accompany his night. When he was focusing his mind on pressing the little square thing, he felt something under him, pulling his sleeves (Tony had given him some clothes whenever he stayed). He gaze his head away from the TV and looked down. Only to see a pair of deep hazel eyes staring back at him, his curly hair looked a mess, blue stars pajamas, with Koala doll under the kid's embrace. Peter was standing beside him, the five year old kid holding his sleeves tightly, his lips forming a straight line and a determination shinning through his eyes.

"Hello, little one," Thor smiled. Lifted up the kid so now Peter was sitting beside him, looking at him anxiously. "What's bring you here? Aren't you suppose to be sleeping?"

Peter moved a little, he positioned himself to get closer to the Asgardians Prince. He hesitated a little, staring at Thor's blue horizon eyes. Peter bit his lips. He did not know if he actually allowed to ask this kind of thing, but the biggest uncle (according to Peter) was the only option left as the others were already asleep. He could not bother his mom as his mom was already sleeping peacefully. His dad was currently in the lab, tinkering with something he did not understand yet. "Uncle Thor, where do people go after they're dead?"

This froze Thor in his place. He looked at the little boy, who staring back at him curiously. Thor knew the little boy was an exception of a Stark. He sure was smart like his father, but his heart was so kind, warm, and bright. And Thor just wanted to hug the boy, hid him under his red cloak. He was some sort of glad when Peter decided to call him uncle, instead of 'mister' or 'God', he felt somewhat closer to the kid, despite how much he did not really like his father for his sassy manners and stuff.