Bitterness

"I need to do something to protect people that I love, and that's you."

|🔸|

|🔸|

IF anything could go wrong within a second, Peter just wanted to curse at the devil. Right now, he was facing the thing Peter feared the most. He could not sleep that night and barely awake at the peaceful sound inside of the tower. Pepper was currently away in France for some boring meetings and could only return after three days. They just had the video calls and Peter told her everything about school, informed her if there was going to be a career day at school and parents needed to come until his mom forced him to go to sleep because of the time difference. Peter was going to object but noticed the stern look Pepper gave him, Peter gave up and sadly hung up the calls with his mom. Then he went into the private lab to work out some of his spider suit. Tony was nowhere to be seen since morning. Happy, their head security guard— anonymously the closets person to Tony Stark besides Pepper and Rhodey told the boy if Tony was currently abroad on a meeting and would be back in the evening to join Peter at dinner.

Tony did come back into the tower exactly one and a half hour before dinner. But he did not join him for the dinner, instead locked himself in the lab. When Peter went after him into the lab, F.R.I.D.A.Y informed him if Tony was recently did not want to be bothered by anyone, and even locked the lab with newest secret password. He had to admit if Peter was a bit hurt by the action. Peter realized something was odd with his dad. Well, Tony never really liked going on a meeting even though it was for the future of the Stark Industries if it was not Pepper who forced him to go. Peter felt something more, it seemed as if Tony isolated himself— as if his dad avoiding him. That thought started to get the anxious feeling best out of him. He walked back and forth inside of his bed before decided to call his mom. He did not tell Pepper anything that happen with his dad though, he did not want to worry her.

Was Peter did something wrong to his dad? Was he disappointing him again? Peter bit his nails, nervously thinking as he stared blankly at the ceilings. What happened with his dad? He kept thinking until he did not even realize if he drifted himself away into a long darkness of sleeping. But at midnight, Peter woke up to some noisy sound. Well, it was not too noisy. If it was not because of his enhanced hearings, Peter would not be able to hear that sound. So Peter got up, walking to find the source of the sound. He was not afraid of ghost, his dad was in his lab. Tinkering and busying his mind with new technology. If there was indeed a bad guy breaking through the tower security system, then Tony would have been in a danger as he did not know anything. He had to prevent that thing to happen, he had to protect his dad.

He checked the entire penthouse. Starting from the living room, common room, kitchen, he was surrounding every room he could think of while concentrating on his spider senses. But his senses did not react to any kind of danger, which meant there was literally nothing bad happen inside the tower. But Peter walked around again to make sure if he did not miss anything. Then he came into Tony's private working room, surprisingly hearing the noise again. It was one of the room where Tony only use whenever he really needed to concentrate on paper works as he often let Pepper dealt with it. Really, the billionaire could not just do whatever he wanted when he had the most fierce woman beside him and would mostly scraped his neck with her heels whenever he started to ignoring the work again.