My Hero

"I have to do something, to protect people that I can't live without, and that's you."

|🔸|

|🔸|

PEPPER was about to take her usual morning coffee when she spotted Peter— her son sat on the couch with head bent down, staring dimly on the ground. She smiled a little, tied up her curly ginger high in a man bun before walking to Peter. She was ready for her work at Stark Industries this morning with her black blazer and white tank top underneath, dark blue skirts, and black high heels with StarkPad neatly under her grip. Peter seemed to be in so much thought he did not even realize if Pepper was now sat down beside him, putting the coffee down on the table.

She kissed Peter's cheek softly, "morning, darling." Pepper said, looking at his son in the eye. Peter, who was just realized that his mom was just sitting beside him, planted a faint smile across his face.

"Morning, mom," he smiled, scrubbed together both his palms in anxiety.

Pepper raised one of her eyebrow, looking at her son suspiciously. Peter looked not so enthusiastic. Usually, their morning routine would begin with his chatter about his night patrols, school, or the time he spent at the Avengers compound. But now, he was so quiet and seemed to be lost in thought.

"What's wrong?" she asked, folding her legs and moved closer to her son. That movement gave Peter a signal of his mom wanted him to tell her what had been in his thoughts lately.

Peter hesitated, his mom seemed to have not see the news about him and his dad last night, which was good. But if Peter still stay quiet during the questionable look his mom gave him, he would not be rest in peace for the rest of the day and he had sure about it.

"Mom, have you checked the news? The one about dad and Spider-Man last night?"

Pepper stared at her son in horror, last night he was really busy with her work and came home really night where Peter and Tony had already fallen asleep. It seemed odd to her since she knew both of her boys liked to spend time together down in the lab and only stop once Pepper dragged them out. She clicked her StarkPad, looking through the newest news on the interned until her gaze fixed on one headlines. It said that Iron Man helped Spider-Man save a Ferry from being drown in the ocean with almost hundreds people in it. The news told in detail how Iron Man suddenly appeared to help 'his pal' Spider-Man and saved the day. The two hero then spotted missing after working together. Even it told in detail by one of the passengers that the ship was originally split into two, and the others claimed to see a bright purple light before the ship was split.

Spider-Man happened to help the passengers first by using his webs to stick the ship together before the billionaire caught up with his fancy technology. Pepper scrolling down the news. How come she did not notice this big news that came out last night? How come no one bothered to tell her about it? Her son and husband had just been dealing with another danger and she did not know anything about it. Ever since Tony claimed himself to the public if he was— in fact, the Iron Man, Pepper had to be ready to live in a zone of endless fear and pain. Someone had even injected her body with some weird serum and made her to have a power which now was all gone from her body. Her son, Peter, even had to deal with the spider bite at the age of fourteen and she did not even know.