~Chapter Two~

*in the truck*

"Where did you learn how to steal cars Cap?"

"Natzi Germany and I'm not stealing I'm borrowing. Get your feet off the dash."

"Oh oh okay." I then laughed slightly.

"I have a question."
"What?"

"Well it's sort of just a wonderment-"
"What?"He asked now annoyed.

"Was that your first kiss since 1942?"
"That bad huh?"

"No not bad at all I mean I should now."
"You should know you're my girl."

"I am am I."
"Yes." He said smiling.
"Well why don't you ever think of saying that outloud."
"It's just not other people's business Elani."
"I know I know it's just everybody knows already why not confirm it."
"You said you didn't want people to know that you wanted us to have no label so we don't"

Ouch.
"Well then."

"Elani you lived in the shadows and lie. It shouldn't surprise you."

Jeez.
"Well then Cap what do you want me to be."
"Mine."

"I thought we already established that I am."
"Yes well I want to hear you agree."
"Oh what you want a ceremony and and I do to come out of my mouth?" I laughed nervously hoping he wouldn't say yes.

"Actually yes I would, but I know you won't give it to me given you have a certain way of living."

"A life without trust." I said lowly but enough for him to hear me.

"Tough way to live."
"Yeah but good way to stay alive."

I then turned my view to the window for the rest of the way. Neither of us spoke I mean I wanted to cry slightly because I couldn't give the man I loved what he wanted. I couldn't have children after I was taken into the LAB. They did horrible things to me and a few other people. If it hadn't been for Steve I would've been gone and a criminal. We go way back way way way back. I remember when he was still a little puny boy with a big heart. The puny part changed but his heart remains the same luckily. Me, him, and Bucky where the perfect trio. Bucky was my boyfriend and I think it's safe to say that he was the love of my life. I mean you know what the say There the love of your life and the love for your life. Unfortunately Bucky was the love of my life, but I am lucky to say that Steve is the love for my life.. He's a great man I just I can't give him what he wants again not after what they did to me in the Hydra lab. If was horrible I was forced to forget everything and become a soldier. They found me after Steve put the plane into the water. They couldn't find him so they took me and did all sorts of experiment because of my abilities. I don't remember much but I do remember I wasn't the only one how could I be it was Hydra all they wanted was to rule the world and take down the Avengers. My mind wondered for a while longer but eventually we got to the destination.
Steve studied the building "God it's been so long."
"It has been." I said remembering that the headquarters of SHIELD originated here.

"Do you remember how to get in."
"Yeah there's an elevator," I said struggling to move the bookcase in front of it.

"Here let me help." He then pushed it over revealing a handprint passcode. I put my hand upon it and it opened automatically.
"Come on."

"You did all of this after I died." He said putting air quotes around the died part.

"Yeah after you died." I said mimicking earning a laugh.

"Woah."
"Cool huh?"

"Wait look." He pointed at a hidden button in the elevator.

"I knew it." I said pushing the button, "I knew these people did something else after I was taken."