~Chapter Ten~

A week later

Elani's POV/

My eyes slowly opened to my room in the Avengers Facility. Steve was sitting right next to me asleep. Right as I was going to get up my head was flooded with everything that happened.

Flashbacks

'Winter Soldier'

'Vosmei'

'It's who you are!'

'You don't understand'

'You never will'

'It was all a lie'

'Everything I worked for'

'I lost both of you'

'Bucky?'

'It wasn't him right?'

'Elani we need to go now!'

'What the hell?'

'We'll do it'

'You know what's going to happen Steve'

'As long as you two are happy I am too'

'NO!'

'You can save her'

'My mission is to kill not save'

My eyes were sealed shut as I grabbed my head from the pain all of the flashbacks were causing.

"Elani! Elani! Stark!" I heard Steve yell out but mental pictures of Bucky just kept on appearing in my head.

"Elani hey hey hey look at me open your eyes."

"I can't I can't Stark *grunts* it hurts help me make it stop please Stark make it stop it's to much."

3rd POV/

"Cap pass me the needle over there," but Steve's eyes were glued on Elani. She was in pain and you could see it.

"Agh Stark help me!"

"Steve!" Steve then snapped out of it and passed Stark the needle.

Once the needle went into Elani her hands fell from her head and she fell like a fluff doll into Tony's arms.

"What happen?"

"The lectic is still in her system she's either having flashbacks or hallucinating."

"That's impossible it's been a week."

"Well remember it depends on the dose she's given. If that asshole Barnes-"
"Hey," Steve said defending Bucky.

"Sorry it's just if he loved her so much Cap why would he do this to her I don't get it."

"He was being controlled Stark he had no choice."

"Well she needs to keep on resting so this *taps machine* can get all the lectic out of her system without a problem."

"Alright well I'll just sit down again."

"You sure you don't wanna go eat or change."

"No I wanna be here when she wakes up again just in case."
"She'll be out for about an hour so it'll be fine."
"It's better to be safe than sorry." Tony shrugged his shoulders and shook his head.

"You know Steve I don't know how you could let that man live."
"What?"

"Why'd you let him live if you and Elani had your life's in balance."

Steve laughed a little, "Stark our lives have never been in balance."

"Well I mean it was close wasn't it?"

Steve then looked at Elani in awe.

"She's my best friend and he is too. Seeing them together while they can be is better than seeing them fall apart slowly without each other." Tony smiled and shook his head when he heard Caps response.

"You have a weird way of living Rogers."

"Yeah but normals boring you should know."

"Ha very funny." Tony said loaded with sarcasm.

"If you need anything just yell." Tony said at the door.

"Yeah I got it."
Tony then left and Steve stayed there by her side like he promised. He loved her more than anything of course, but that didn't mean he could have her. He knew who her heart belonged to, and he accepted it. It was only a matter of time before she would awake and go looking for the love of her life. For Bucky, and he knew he was already on the road of recovery.

The end. . . . . of this book lol. 

- Eclipse