Chapter 3 The Weird Dream

(NOTE: Some of these characters and locations are based off the TV Show 'The Vampire Diaries' All rights reserved to the writers of the show! I don't own anything except Cassie Mitchell, because she really is me)

Previously on "Falling In Love With A Vampire"

""I'm not going to get hurt. Now either let go of my arm and come with me, or I will pick you up, throw you over my shoulder, and carry you with me" Jeremy says, a grin on his face. I know he is serious, so I let go of his arm and walk closely behind him as he walks down the stairs and we are thrown into utter darkness."

Cassie's POV

I couldn't see a thing. All I could see were shapes. I could see Jeremy, though that was because he was right in front of me. We kept going down the stairs. Finally, we stopped stepping down and started walking forward. He eventually stopped and pull something out of his pocket. It was a flashlight. He turned it on and shines it around, stopping on a stone door with an inverted pentagram on it. I had to admit I thought it was cool but, I was upset about the flashlight thing.

"You had that this whole time and didn't think to get it out until we get to some stone door?" I nearly shout at Jeremy. Jeremy smiles sheepishly.

"I forgot I had it" he says innocently. I roll my eyes and think Sure you did. I don't say it though. "I did" he insists.

"Ok, ok ok. You forgot you had it. I got it. Now, what is so special about this stone door with an inverted pentagram on it?" I ask him.

"You know what the symbol is?" he asks me, surprised. I nod.

"Of course I do" I pull out the necklace I am wearing from under my shirt where it was hidden. It's a piece of white string with a pentagram on it. "I'm wearing a regular pentagram" I say. He shines his flashlight on my necklace and stares at it, surprised. He reaches out and grasps it, running hsi thumb over it.

"Do you know what that means Cassie?" he asks me. I scoff.

"Of course I do. It's a sign of goodness. I looked it up when it was given to me. It protects the wearer and the home. I didn't believe it till a few days after I was given it. I wasn't paying attention, and I was nearly hit by a car but it just barely missed me" I say, staring at the symbol. Jeremy smiles.

"A pentagram is magic Cassie. So if you believe this saved you then you do believe in magic" Jeremy says. I nod.

"I know. I never said I didn't believe in magic Jer. I said I didn't really believe in witches and warlocks that much" I say.

"Oh...ok. Well I'm glad you know what your necklace means. Do you know what the inverted pentagram on the door means?" Jeremy asks. I didn't even hesitate when I answered.

"There are many meanings, the most common being a symbol of the devil. When used with magic it is a symbol of black magic. In this case, if something evil was behind the door, the inverted pentagram would keep it there, and the evil would not be able to pass. However, it can't be used on it's own to do that, so a spell would also be on the door to help the inverted pentagram. Basically, the pentagram warns people that whatever is behind this door, is evil" I say. When I finish amazement, surprise and awe fills Jeremy's face.

"That's right. Um, this is the door to the tomb I was talking about...the one with the vampires in it. So, the pentagram and a spell is what keeps them in. You want to see if anything or anyone is really in there?" he asks. I part of me wants to say no, but a part of me wants to say yes, but before I can answer, a voice calls out.

"Jeremy, Cassie? Are you guys down there?" It is Elena. Jeremy groans lowly.

"Yes Elena. We're here!" Jeremy calls back, shining his flashlight on the stairs to reveal Elena.