Chapter 8 Damon's Reaction

(NOTE: Some of these characters and locations are based off the TV Show 'The Vampire Diaries' All rights reserved to the writers of the show! I don't own anything except Cassie, because she really is me)

Previously on "Falling In Love With A Vampire"

" "Oh really? Because you seem like some kind of hunter!" Damon shouts and then I am pinned to the floor by my throat. A growl rips through the room as Damon is kicked into a wall. I push myself up off the floor, landing on my hands and feet in a crouch, my head down. When I look up at Damon, who is just now getting off the floor, my eyes are a beautiful ocean blue, but there are veins under my eyes. I growl loudly.

"Damon, you are pushing me...if there is anything you don't want to do...it is that. I am no mere human...and I am not just some witch" I say. Damon stares at me with wide eyes.

"Then...what are you?" he asks. I slowly stand up, not looking at him anymore. When I do look back at him, my eyes are their normal forest green and the veins are gone.

"Something you will think impossible..and something you won't like" I say.

"What!" Damon nearly shouts.

"I am a vampire, werewolf, witch" I say, looking as serious as ever. "

Cassie's POV

I watch Damon carefully as he realizes what I just said...I had just told him I was a vampire/werewolf/witch...and I was begging the heavens he didn't try to kill me...and he could do it too...considering we were in a room full of weapons. Damon just keeps staring at me. Finally, he speaks.

"Your a...your not human? Your...your.." He doesn't seem to be able to finish his sentence though. All of the sudden, I am being pinned to the floor by Damon again, but now, his lips are pressed firmly against mine. At first, I struggle against him, trying to get him off me. But then, his frantic, firm kiss, turns into a soft passionate one. I can't help but kiss him back, letting go of the denial I had about not being attracted to him. We keep kissing each other and then, far too soon, Damon jumps up, pressing his back to the wall farthest from me. I sit up quickly and look at him. He is staring at me with complete shock. I stand up, brushing myself off, blushing furiously, and hurt that he jumped back. I just stare at him now, pain in my eyes.

"I should probably leave..." Damon says. He pushes himself off the wall and heads for the stairs. He gets all the way up them, out the door and to the front door before I snap out of my trance-like state and rush up the stairs. I get to the the small hallway that leads to the door, Damon standing in front of it about to open the door.

"Damon, wait" I say. He hesitates, but doesn't turn around.

"What?" he asks.

"Don't leave...please...stay" I say. Damon sighs.

"I can't" he says. Tears start to fill my eyes but I ignore them as I step closer to him. I step closer to him until I can wrap my hand around his arm.

"Yes...yes you can. Please, don't leave. Just please...stay, stay with me...please Damon...please stay" I whisper. He pulls his arm out of my grasp and opens the door.

"I can't" he repeats and then walks out, shutting the door behind him. After standing there for three minutes, my knee's buckle and I curl into a ball on the floor and cry and cry and cry.

The Next Day

I walk up to The Gilbert house. About twenty minutes earlier Jeremy had texted me and told me he needed to talk to me about something. I knock on the door and about thirty seconds later, Jeremy opens the door, moving to the side so I can come in. I walk in and Jeremy leads me up to his room. When we get there, I sit on the bed.