Chapter 4 The Masquerade Ball Part 1

(NOTE: Some of these characters and locations are based off the TV Show 'The Vampire Diaries' All rights reserved to the writers of the show! I don't own anything except Cassie Mitchell, because she really is me)

Previously on "Falling In Love With A Vampire"

'(My Dream)

"Good. That is the way it will stay...forever" I say. I feel my face changing, and when I touch it, I feel veins under my eyes. I feel fangs pressing into my bottom lip. Damon's eyes go red and veins show under his eyes and he flashes fangs.

"Forever" he says.

My eyes snap open and I sit up quickly, my heart pounding. I look around and find myself in my attic bedroom.'

Cassie's POV

It is Saturday, the day Elena, me and everyone else are going to hang out. I just woke up from the weird dream from last night. I get out of the bed. I go down the attic stairs and open the door that leads to the hallway on the second floor. I walk out of the door, closing it behind me. I walk past my art room, and go to the door right after it, across the hall. I open the door and walk into my regular bedroom. I walk over to my dresser, pull out some clothes and go into my bathroom. I close the door behind me, strip down, and climb into the cold shower. I wash my hair, my body, and then get out.

I put on a dark purple tank top, dark blue jeans and black leather boots that are covered by my jeans. I pull my long blonde hair into a pony-tail after drying it. I go through my drawers and finally find what I am looking for. I pull out a silver chain with a silver pentagram on it. I had replaced the white string with a silver chain that hopefully wouldn't break this time.

(Most of you probably think that a pentagram (a circle around a star) is a symbol of the devil. You are wrong! An inverted pentagram (a circle around an upside down star) is a symbol of the devil. A regular pentagram protects the wearer of it and the home. I have looked it up many times. Also, the link to what it looks like is on my profile)

I smile at it before I unhook the chain and slip it on then re-hook it. I touch it and smile. I grab my leather jacket and slip it on, walking out of my bedroom, closing the door and walking downstairs. Elena had called me two minutes ago and said she would be here soon so as I started to walk down the stairs, my doorbell rang and I heard a knock at the door.

I smile and go through the living room and walk up to the front door. I open the door.

"Come on i-" I cut off when I see it isn't Elena. It is Damon.

"Hello Cassie" he says, smiling. He looks me over and his smile turns into a smirk. "Nice outfit. Coping me are we?"

I glare at him and growl lowly.

"What the hell are you doing here Damon" I say through gritted teeth.

"Oh so you're talking to me again?" he says, still smirking. I go to slam the door in his face, but he puts his hand on the door just as it is about to close. "Aren't you going to invite me in?" he says.

"No. Your not invited now go to hell!" I say and shove him, then slam the door. I walk away from the door and go and sit down on the couch. About five minutes into a book I had on the coffee table, a knock sounds on the front door again. I close the book, angry. I stand up and go to the front door. I open it.

"I thought I told you to-" I cut off when I see it is Elena, looking confused. "Oh, Elena. I am sorry. I thought you were someone else"

"Who could you be so angry at?" Elena asks.