Chapter 5 The Masquerade Ball Part 2

(NOTE: Some of these characters and locations are based off the TV Show 'The Vampire Diaries' All rights reserved to the writers of the show! I don't own anything except Cassie Mitchell, because she really is me)

Previously on "Falling In Love With A Vampire"

""Um...this is going to take some time so if you want to leave, go ahead" I say.

"No. I want to watch you...with what I see on other paintings and drawings, your really good" Damon says. I blush and am glad my back is to him so he can't see it.

"Thank you. Well this will take a few hours" I say.

"And? I want to watch you" he says.

"Ok, fine" I say."

Damon's POV

I can't believe what is happening and I am almost sure I am asleep. The reason? I am in the new girl's house. Cassie. Plus, I am watching her paint this incredibly detailed drawing on a wall. The entire room I am in is filled with detailed drawings and paintings. She is more than really good. She is an artist. It is plain to see. I can't take my eyes off her and with every move she makes, my eyes follow her. I can't help it. She was beautiful. Absolutely beautiful. But there was something different about her, besides the fact that she resisted me. The fact that she did though just made me want her all the more.

The day she had stormed out of the grill after I had tried to get her to come back to my house, I had told myself it was just a setback and that I would try later. But when I had, again, she had surprised me by turning me down. Every time I tried to talk to her, she just seemed to get more and more annoyed. And now she was getting closer to baby Gilbert. I heard he was even taking her to the dance I had asked her too. Though she had completely refused to go with me, I was still hoping she would change her mind. I scoff.

Hoping? I think. Hoping? Your becoming pathetic! You don't hope! Damon Salvatore doesn't hope!

That's true...but if I don't hope...then why am I?

It's that girl...she's getting to you. You have to stop messing with her...you have to leave her alone. She's starting to have the same effect as Elena does.

She can't! I love Elena...with all of my stone cold heart. I don't feel that way for Cassie. She's just different and that's what makes her interesting.

Whatever you say. But either way, take my advice...leave her alone.

Fine, whatever.

I pull up a chair and sit down, knowing I will be here for a while but ok with that. After about three or four and a half hours, she finally puts her brush down and steps back.

"There. It is finally done!" she says. "So, what do you think?" I look at the wall. I have to admit, it looks...amazing.

"It's great" I say. She smiles.

"Your just saying that" she says.

"No I'm not. I'm serious" I say. She smiles again.

"Well thank you" she says.

"Your most welcome Cassie" I say.

Cassie's POV

I just finished my painting and was now telling Damon that he was only saying that is was great.

"No I'm not. I'm serious" he says. I smile again.

"Well thank you" I say.

"Your most welcome Cassie" he says. I don't know why, but whenever he says my name like that, my insides feel like they melt. However, I don't show this. I look at my painting, glad it is finally finished. It is of several wolves running through a forest, side my side except one wolf. A black and white wolf with small red specks in the fur with ocean blue eyes leads the rest of the wolves. I smile. Then I yawn.