Cupid's Bow

Prologue

Walking the streets is easy when you can't be seen.

Not by these mortals.

My life is much more confined, strict, under-rule, compared to these...humans.

What makes me different?

How about the bow I have in my hand, swaying with every step I take? Or the fact that I can only be seen when I have my arrow pointed directly at you? Only then can you--and only you--see me.

Now that I take my own stroll in this park I see why it's so active at night. So many trees, carved with initial initial with a heart wrapped around it to symbolize their forever love.

Pfft.

Only a handful of them lasted, by me of course. Some of them not even living anymore. Just a story of how they died in each other's arms or beside one another on their death-bed.

Those markings make me proud. To know that I gave them that full feeling of want.

It's good to give when you are never the one to receive. Not by choice, but by fate. That is how my life has to be.

My long immortal life.

I see the couple my father wanted me to see and I narrow my eyes in concentration.

A woman, mid-twenties, red waves and blue eyes. She smiles shyly at the other woman next to her and says...

"Do you think they'll like me?"

Her partner, late twenties, dark shoulder-length hair and brown eyes. She answers back with unease in her eyes...

"I don't know."

"What if...what if they hate the idea of us being together? My parents do," she murmured.

Pull. 

Aim.

Wait...

Why do I wait? Because not every love is meant to be and the moment I aim my arrow at the one I can see right into their hearts. 

The dark haired girl looks through the corner of her eye, straight at me, and her eyes widen.

Before another startle I release my arrow.

Shoot.

The dark haired girl blinks a few time and turns to her lover.

Their love will be true and last a lifetime.

She stroked a piece of hair behind her ear and said, "I love you and because of that I will go through anything to prove to them that, together, we are stronger."

The redhead let out a breath and smiled brightly. "I love you too," she expressed and kissed her partner.

My bow, back at my side, has done it's work.

The magic is in the bow and without it I'm two feet tall.

Metaphorically speaking.

Three votes for the next chapter?

Any thoughts?

Can't wait to explore my magical side and give you this wonderful story.

-Mone'