"Then ask me"

“The pieces all fit together. Yet everything was falling apart.” 

                                                ― Nicholas Sparks

The next morning after Harry's mother made us breakfast he took me up to his room. 

"Here's your bow" he smiled, handing it to me.

"Why was it in your closet?"

"Well I didn't want my mum coming in here finding it" he chuckled.

"Right" I said and plopped down on his bed. "I think she over fed me."

"She does that a lot. She thinks I don't eat enough just because I'm thin."

I just smiled at him. The way he spoke amazed me while the way he smiled left me in a daze. He was an extraordinary being.

"So what do you have planned for me today?"

"Well a friend of mines has a pool. I want you to come. Can you swim?"

"I've never been in the water" I mumbled, fiddling with the hem of my shirt.

"Really? Well this is gonna be fun."

"Are you sure?"

"Yeah. We'll go in a few hours. In the meantime, let me show you the beauty of video games."

***

After a lot of frustration and some laughs Harry's mother took us to his friends house.

"Love, are your parents alright with you being away from home for so long?"

I blinked a few times to try and figure out a lie but I realized that I didn't have to. "Yes, they're fine with it."

Once we were down another street, I started to feel...anxious. Meeting Harry's friends would be different, wouldn't it? They'd act like him and are very close to them so where does that leave me?

We stopped and Harry held my hand to lead me out of the car. Such big machinery for transportation. 

"I'll be back early" Harry's mom called through the window.

"Why?" he yelled back.

"There's school tomorrow."

I was slightly amused by the roll of his eyes and the groan the emitted from his throat. We turned and made our way to a large green door. Without knocking or a simple warning, Harry strolled in tugging me along.

"Isn't that impolite?" I whispered, gazing up at him.

"He's my best friend. I practically live here."

A little blonde woman peeked her head around the corner and smiled at us. "Hello Harry and friend."

"Hi" I quietly replied.

"Hi Ms. Stanley."

"Will is right out back in the pool. Go ahead and join him. I'll have snacks out in a bit."

Walking through the smaller house had me smiling. The family seemed lovely and liked the outdoors. My thoughts were interrupted with a loud bang and then a yelling Ms. Stanley.

"Kick the ball in this direction one more time! I dare you!"

Harry chuckled and opened the back door, leading me out. There were much more people than I expected and they all seemed very under dressed.

"H-Harry."

"I didn't know there'd be so many people. We can go if-"

I didn't want to be the person to drag him away from what he was used to. And if he was used to barely dressed humans laughing and splashing in water then I guess I could get used to it too.