"You won't understand"

“To rush into explanations is always a sign of weakness.” 

                                                     ― Agatha Christie

On the side is a picture of V's human form.

Maybe it was in that moment or even the hours before but I knew that I could love him.

I felt normal around him. I wanted to be normal. 

I leaned up and pecked his lips. "You are too good to be true" I whispered.

"I could say the same about you" he laughed. "I mean, you're a goddess for crying out loud and you're just...perfect. Absolutely perfect."

I smiled and wrapped my arms around him in a hug. He held me even tighter and I felt his nose nuzzle my ear. "That tickles" I giggled. He breathily laughed and kissed my jaw.

I sighed in content and held him closer.

I didn't want to let him go...but there was a problem.

How could I love him if it wouldn't be true? The only love that is true is the love I give. The love my father once gave. None of it would be true without that bow I left in Harry's bedroom.

None of it.

And how would he love me? An immortal goddess that only knows how to give love and pleasure to others. A selfless act that I can't break.

I slowly let go of our embrace and looked up at him.

"Uh-oh, that face means bad news."

"And how would you know?"

"My mum gets this crease between her brow and her eyes get really watery. So what's wrong?"

"I...I have to say something."

"Go on."

"But I don't know how to or if I should at all."

"You can tell me anything."

That's what I was afraid of. "You won't understand."

"Then make me" he softly begged, running his fingers along my cheeks and ridding the hair from my face. "We can sit if you want." He led me to sit down back on the bench and took a seat beside me. We faced each other and he took both of my hands in his.

It was too sweet and I couldn't take that if I was going to tell him this.

"Harry...I like this. I like it a lot. I like it when you kiss me and when you say really nice things to me that make my cheeks all warm."

He smiled and bit at his lower lip before saying, "Then what's the problem?"

"I can't...I can't be yours-I mean...geez, what do you call it? Uh-"

His smile fell and he looked down between us. "My girlfriend?"

"Yeah...I mean, no. I can't be your girlfriend."

"Why not?"

"It's just not possible for me to be with y-"

"So you just don't want me." He huffed and stood from the bench, walking --rather quickly-- back inside.

I called after him but he didn't stop. I got up as well and went after him. "Wait."

I closed the sliding door and looked down the hall, "Harry?"

"In the kitchen" he replied. I winced at his tone of voice. I slowly made my way there and sighed. He was practically breathing down a glass of water. "I'm...I guess I'm just confused" he mumbled, staring down at his empty glass.