"I never wanted that"

"You cannot find peace by avoiding life." -Virginia Wolf

"Listen to me" Harry tried to grab onto my shoulders but I was wriggling away from him. 

"No!"

"V, please! Listen." He shook me and I just subdued myself. He brought me close and cautiously wrapped his arms around me. I relaxed into him, savoring the comfort he gave me as he tightened his arms around me. 

The years I spent without him drained me and I became a shell. A shell of who I used to be when I was with him. In a matter of a small weekend I suddenly lived and Harry gave that to me. He made me who I used to be, who I wanted to be.

Now with my head buried into the crook of his neck, I sobbed. I cried out my frustration until all I could do was take labored breaths. "I'm scared" I muffled into his shirt. "Harry, I'm scared."

He just held me, his lips against the side of my head as they formed comforting words. "It's gonna be alright. I promise you'll be okay."

"You can't- you can't promise that" I hiccuped, unable to take the right amount of breath.

"I'm here for you. I promise." He just kept repeating it, as if it was a mantra he told himself over and over.

As he held me I felt his finger trace over my shoulder. A familiar pattern that left my cold body, warm.

I slightly pulled away and looked up at him. I wiped at my eyes and sniffled, "What are you doing?"

"No matter where you went or where you might go, I still held onto you. I never stopped."

"Harry..." I whispered. "I don't know what to do. I'm so...I just can't." My voice was hoarse, nearly unrecognizable.

"Just look at me" he whispered. I looked up to see his face coming closer and then a warmth against my forehead once he pressed his forehead to mine. His eyes lit, they grew brighter and I nearly gasped because those were my Harry's eyes. "When you left it felt like I couldn't even breathe-"

"I never wanted that" I croaked. 

He mouthed, 'I know' and then kept speaking, "I was so lonely, quiet, but for some reason I felt the need to sing." He lightly smiled and it made me proud that he was happy. I let him be happy. "I sang and sang until, well, until I was here. I think I have you to thank for that."

I breathily laughed and tilted my head up, rubbing my nose against his and practically offering my lips.

He took it, pressing his warm lips against mine. They were all too familiar and it made something inside of me awake. It spread through me and expanded my chest, finally letting me breathe. As I further moved my lips against his I tightened my hands on the front of his shirt and never wanted to let go. I felt like myself again. I felt like those years gone never happened and I was here with Harry again. The dimpled little boy that made my heart melt. Now as I  pull away and open my eyes, watching his flutter open and his lips form a smile, he was back. Maybe not that little and his voice a lot deeper but...it was the way he felt and made me feel that made me ...

"I love you" I whispered, "so much, I do."

He bit at his lip and so nervously gazed looked at me with his bright eyes that seemed to glisten with sudden tears.

"Wow" he breathed out as if a rush of breath was the only thing processing in his mind. "I feel like I'm fifteen years old again."

"I-Is that a bad thing?"

"Of course not" he rushed out, "Those days had to be in my top three of best days. In the few short hours after I met you, V, I fell for you. I'm still falling. After all this time I've still been falling and I'm so glad you're here now to stop me. To catch me. God, I'm so glad" he whispered then crashed his lips back onto mine. 

Holy Hera, I loved him. He was everything to me. The reason I now had fully functioning strings in my heart that played chords to some over-used love song.

That night after Harry begging his friend Niall--who I could tell had been touched by a fairy--to leave, we had the room and night to ourselves.

We...Hmm...what's it called? My parents called it procreate but Harry...He called it 'making love' and just the title itself made it all the more better.

He was gentle and he whispered such sweet words to me. I was breathless, writhing, panting, trembling, grasping. All in his care. It was perfect. He was perfect.

He was wordy.

I breathily giggled lots of times when he cursed and made such beautiful faces. It made me wonder who was the former god in this situation.

We were now spent, lying next to each other gaining breath.

"Harry..." I whispered.

"Hm?"

"I'm bare."

A soft chuckle left his lips. "So am I."

"Maybe we should dress."

He turned on his side and cuddled me closer. "I like this much better."

"Of course you do" I lowly murmured, tracing my fingers along his shoulder. Through the dim light I saw him smile, I'm guessing when he figured out what I wrote, V.  

He traced along my arm, H. 

"I'm yours" he murmured, holding me even tighter than before.

I leaned up and softly pecked his lips, "Ditto."

A/N: What if I told you...this is the last chapter. 0.0

I had my mind set on this being the last chapter buuut if there are any readers out there wanting just one more, let me know. Just know that there will be an Epilogue.

I really enjoyed writing this story and I hope you guys loved it just as much.

Next update will have a big announcement !!! 

-Mone'