Chapter 8: decisions and upcoming events

Its been a day after leaving the crown prince manor Xue Hua Yue ordered Mei, one of her long time maids who new about her activities to send the kids for the mean time as they are already orphan to uncle Huang, the one that the other Hua Yue rescued when she was five and now her subordinate.

        Hua Yue was now standing at Yin mama's grave. As a loyal servant for many years, Yin mama was buried at Xue's graveyard for loyal servants with no families. This was a custom unique for the Xue's because othersl households just let their servants take care of it or just sent them to their families.

       She put a bouquet of flowers at Yin mama's grave. After collecting her thoughts she walked away and went back to her courtyard.  Hua Yue was not really sad about Yin mama's death because she is not acquainted with her. She was just  angered because of the memories she received, the mama really cared for the other Hua Yue so she visited her grave.

        "Lei don't let anyone bother me. Just send my dinner when the time comes" she ordered her maid that also served the previous owner since she was five.

     "Yes first young miss" Lei replied while closing the door. Her room is designed simply which is also to her liking .

        Hua Yue laid on her bed to think on what to do from now on. When she was at the crown prince residence, she checked her body. She found out that even if she found the right herbs her body can't be cured entirely because many years had already passed and the poison hasn't been removed. She can only cultivate until the tenth rank based on the previous memories and her own calculation or else if she forced herself to cultivate beyond that her body would explode. [And in this world tenth rank is just the middle of cultivation but most of the people can't advance further at this point or they attain it when they are already in old age. Those that can advance further at this rank are those that are considered strongest in the world. Some can even be the so called 'immortal' or the people that attain the peak of cultivation so they stop aging, but only 1% had achieved. As of now only four people are known to be immortal, only one of them reside in Xia continent.]

         In her previous world she is a successful businesswoman. She decided that she would just be as successful in this life. Anyway she already have a restaurant and a clothing shop from Hua Yue's mother. She would just improve it and make it more successful because money is always important.

      She decided that in this world she would live a fulfilling life and the number one for that is money. Because without it she cannot travel for sightseeing or anything. Her current family is also wealthy and she can just asked but she still like to have her own.

       As for her stepsister and stepmother if they don't bother her any longer she would not make them live in more difficulty. They are already punished by his father for them not to come out of their courtyard for six months. Their allowances had also been halved indefinitely. Her sister had overestimated herself or she just forget that their father is a general and their uncle is a prime minister they have their own means and they can see through her white lotus act.

       The punishment seemed light but in actual fact it is already very heavy because of the upcoming events. Even without it her sister whom always appeared in public then suddenly not appear, and with the uproar her disappearance had caused many can guess the ins and outs of the event and would distance themselves from her. Fenfang's marriage prospect would also be affected and in this era a lady's marriage is the most important because most or all of what they studied since childhood is for them to marry a good husband  or else their life would be ruined because men are the ones with status, this is especially the case with noble ladies. Only few ladies don't abide by this idea pursue what they want even if they don't achieve high status like men.

           The first upcoming event that would happen later after 15 days is the banquet to choose the crown prince fiancé. It should have happened when the Prince was 18 but he kept on declining until now that he is 23 so the emperor and the empress forced him. The prince finally agreed with the condition that, he will be the one to choose and they should agree unconditionally. The emperor decreed that all the di daughter of the nobles should attend and if they have no daughter with their main wife they can send one of their concubines daughter. This decree is also the reason that Xue Fenfang finally planned to kill the previous Xue Hua Yue to have a chance to attend the election.

          The second event would be the arrival of the rulers of the other three big countries in one month and 15 days for the review of the peace treaty between the four strongest countries in Xia continent. The treaty is renewed every five years for rereading, validation and for addition or removal of terms.