Chapter 15

Raindrops reach my face, they reflect the moonlight and look like liquid silver.
I sit up, rub my eyes and blink a few times.
It's late at night, a few animals like mouses are still active, I can hear an owl.
It has started raining. I can't stay here or I'll get wet and catch a cold.  But I can't leave either, I have no other place and everyone would hear me.
After a few moments I remember the plastic plane in my backpack.
I can build a tent! I've trained it. Well, at least something similar to it, that will keep me dry. Hopefully.
After I've finished, still hiding inside the bushes, I take a last sip from my water, it's empty.
I look up, seems like it's going to rain for a while, then make a small hole in the ground to hold the bottle in place, catching rain over the night.

My head hurts, it's way too hot.
I forced myself to get up early, am now in the desert.
When I woke up it was still raining slightly, both bottels fully filled.
The thick brown jacket stored in my backpack, my other jacket closed to keep me cold.
Sand, everywhere I look. The forest small behind me, the mountains to my right, I have fallen into a fast walk.
Nothing to see, smell or to do.
I've aten the sandwich I found yesterday, it had cheese on it and a bit of salad, good but not even close to the things they served at the trainings center.
My eyes are tired from looking at the bright sand, I close them for a few seconds.
The air is dry, from time to time I take a sip of water, my throat hurts.

Then, it's already noon, two outlines come closer, it's Chryss and some other guy.
We all stop, looking at each other.
Slowly I put my sword down, maybe I can ally them, then I would have someone to talk to, this complete silence is going to kill me. In the forest there were birds amd all sorts of animals, but here? Nothing.
They start walking again, carefully and slow.
"Hello", the guy says as he stops only a few feet away from me.
"Hi"
"What do you want?"
"I thought we could become allies", I answer after a few seconds.
It's not smart, I know, but still.

He looks at Chryss, the one with the long faded scar, his short black hair falls him into his face. It's Tato.
Then he points at me, tries to talk to her, she looks very young, maybe twelve.
She finally seems to understand, nods, her fluffy hair cut the same way as Tato's.
"Good", he starts talking, "where do you plan on goin?"
Pretty direct, I see.
"I wanted to search for another biome, but mostly for water."
He nods, licks his lips, thirsty.
Should I tell them that I have water? They aren't dying of thirst, so I decide to keep it to myself for now.
"So, which district are you from?", I get asked by Tato.
"thirteen, you? Twelve?"
He nods, his grey eyes and olive skin are typical for them.
As I walk besides him, I remember asking him that question ealier, a clear sign of how well my brain works at the moment.
It's nice to have others around, I just can't talk much out of fear of being heard or revealing too much.

It's late evening when Chryss suddently stops and points a bit to the left. We follow her eyes and notice the palm trees, then the water. Next to it, two small ruins!
Tato starts sprinting, sand flies through the air.
"Wait! We don't know-", I want to warn him, but he's already there. No screams, no fire, nothing. It has to be safe, at the moment at least.

I'm exhauseted, my legs hurt from walking all day.
The water is cool and clean, we all drink from it.
In one of the ruins we found a few apples, the other one broke down, we're lucky that nobody had been hurt.
Finally I let myself relax a bit, take out a bag of dried fruits and start eating, Chryss also has a small backpack and eats an apple, but Tato has nothing. He run away as fast as he could, didn't want to risk it.
After a few minutes I give in, hand him a bit from my food.
He shakes his head. "No thanks, it's yours", he says quietly.
"It's fine, we're allies. You need food too."
He smiles a bit, then starts eating.
That was a pretty bad idea, I need that food myself. But what else should I have done? Let him get weak?
"She got some knifes and a bottle of water", Tato says and nods towards Chryss.
"I got my sword and some other stuff", I say, not wanting to tell them my exact supplies. They can and will turn against me, it's just a matter of time.
That's why I decided against having Curen as my ally, I felt like I could trust him, I'm sure he would have been a great friend, but only one of us can survive.
I wouldn't have agreed to be their ally, but my brain just didn't want to function properly.

---------------
And a new chapter!
I don't have much to say other than that I'm not feeling that good at the moment but don't worry, I'll still be updating like usual