Chapter 16

The sky is clear and slowly some starts star appearing, one after another.
I'm lying here, on my back, freezing, my stuff stored underneath one of the palm trees that Tato climbed up and got some fruits from.
It's quiet, we seem to be the only people in the world.
There were no deaths today, we're still all exploring the arena.
My eyes close.
It should be around midnight at home, so they probably all sleep.
If something happens at night they get woken up, with the exeption of young children and old people, what they missed is shown again.

A scream, fear. I open my eyes and stand up, my vision blurry for a second, a backpack right on my face, I shove it away.
Chryss stands in front of Tato, a knife in her hand, he screaming in pain, lying on the ground, a speer in his leg.
She looks at me, points towards the mountains.
Amro, his light green eyes sparkling in the moonlight, his shirt stained with blood.
He's about twice the size of Chryss, but she still tries to fight him. Why?
Then it hits me. She wants to protect us! I run towards my sword, a sharp pain in my ankle as I trip and fall.
I spin around and my eyes widen.
He had lifted her up, she's trying to kick him and winding herself, wanting to free herself.
A sudden force against my shocked body, Tato now stands next to me, then runs.
"We can't kill him!", he yells, "he's right in front of our weapons!"
I still stare at them, he had taken the knife out of her hand, a long silver blade, presses her against the tree.
"Come on! Or she will die for nothing!", I hear a faint sound.
Tears roll down her face, her dark skin lighter because of fear.
A loud snapping sound, then her legs stop moving, her mouth open to a silent scream.
She can't move anymore, her arms pinned down between her back and the tree, Amro laughts.

"Aw, are you afraid?", he mocks her, running his left hand through his once white, now redish hair.
His lips form a big grin, he brings his face close to hers, just a few inches away.
I feel Tato trying to push me away, but I can't move.
My body won't listen to me.
"Shh.. hold still."
She still tries to move, free, save herself.
Our eyes meet, panic. She looks behind me, nods there, wants me to go.
"I said", Amro whispers, "hold still!" His voice got louder, he yelled.
His eyes wander down her body, finally focus on the scar across her throat.
"Well, look at that. It's the perfect way to end your miserable life. Really, you should thank me. I'm doing your family a favor!"
She shakes heavily, I try to run but it doesn't work.
He moves her one hand before her body, then presses her knife into it, she now holds it again.
What is he doing?
Then, slowly he forces her hand to move upwards, then closer to her.
She's just as confused as we are, afraid too.
He puts one finger underneath her chin so that she has to look him in the eyes.

This innocent twelve year old girl, still crying.
Tato can't move, his leg tore apart from his body when he tripped, trying to get to the weapons, the bone shimmers red in the moonlight. The sand underneath him red.
A red dot appears on her throat, then a second one.
I realise what he does, shake and then my legs start working again, I stumble towards my sword.
"Don't move", he whispers, his voice sharp and dangerous, cold, emotionless, "Or she will die an even more horrible death."
He turns his head, our eyes meet, he laughs quietly.
"Did you understand me?"
I nod, can't speak or else I would start crying like Tato does.
The wound on her throat gets bigger, more and more blood drops onto his shirt.
He loves it, would do it even if we didn't have to.

Then he loses his grip, she falls onto the ground, Tato starts crawling towards her.
Amro sreams, his feet boil away, the smell of hot blood again, I press my hand against my mouth tyring not to puke.
He panics, the water turned into some sort of what seems to be acid, the fog at the beginning was nothing compared to this!
My legs still shaking I stumble in front of him, push him back.
A single scream, bloodcurdling, steam from the water, they don't have to send a hovercraft to get his corpse.
Then two canon shots, my vision becomes blurry, tears. I can't cry. No. I must be strong. The Capitol doesn't deserve to see any feelings.
Then it's completly silent again, like nothing ever happened in the first place.

---------------
Uff. That's one theme for an entire chapter, but like.. yeah
So hi, again!
Idk what to say here, but on another note, I might start writing another book soon, but I don't want to do it at the same time so idk
I won't have that much time since school starts in around a week I think, and honestly.
I still can't believe that I didn't fail this year, like technically I did but because of our school system I wouldn't have the classes I failed this year so they made an exeption! Nice