Fiancé Trope (4)

Chapter 5

A melodious and intoxicating song rang from Qing Shang's pocket.

It was a melody that was easily addictive at the first listen, the kind that would make someone wonder what the title of the song was after hearing a few seconds. The kind of song that you would hum and sing everywhere you went. The kind of song that would make you dance in public.

Everyone had a moment of silence from the song, a moment of intoxication.

They all wondered what song that was.

Fan Hui lips curled into a smile, she couldn't be more familiar with this song, after all she had made it.

This was the first ever song she had made throughout her long journey of a thousand lifetimes. She poured all of her confusion and powerlessness into this one song. It was a cry for help, but also the birth of a new person.

But how did he get a song that's not supposed to exist in this world?

Qing Shang pulled his cellphone out of his pocket and answered the phone without even looking at the caller ID, "State your business."

Some murmurs of a woman could be heard from the phone.

The call ended in no time, in fact Qing Shang didn't even say anything else once the woman started speaking.

Qing Shang tucked away his phone and resumed his attention to Fan Hui.

Fan Hui didn't bother asking who was on the phone, instead she asked something else, "What song is that?"

"'Origin' It's my favorite song." Qing Shang reminisced with a faraway gaze, a small smile pulled at his lips.

"Who's the artist?" Fan Hui smirked.

"My first love." Qing Shang unconsciously said.

Fan Hui stifled a laugh.

"Sounds like she's the best person ever." Fan Hui shamelessly said.

"She is." Qing Shang laughed.

Qing Shang looked directly into Fan Hui's eyes, "She really is."

Fan Hui pulled Qing Shang closer and whispered in his ear, "I really am."

Fan Hui and Qing Shang laughed in unison.

"So, I'm discharging myself from the hospital right now, where do you want to go?" Fan Hui asked.

"How about home?" Qing Shang suggested.

"Sure."

Qing Shang and Fan Hui walked out of the hospital doors, ignoring the numerous stares and curious glances.

Waiting for them were two other male bodyguards one was small and had a petite physique. While the other had a large and muscular build.

Fan Hui briefly glanced at them and then asked a question, "Are you guys a couple?"

The bodyguards were instantly confused, who was this woman and why was she asking if they're a couple?

"No." The small one promptly responded.

"Your loss." Fan Hui shrugged before pulling the arm of Qing Shang and attempting to take him away.

But before she even took two steps, the large bodyguard stood in the path of Fan Hui and roughly tugged at Fan Hui's arm causing her arm to detach from Qing Shang's arm.

Qing Shang's face quickly become cloudy.

The large bodyguard and the small one reached out to grab Fan Hui and separate her from their boss but were instantly stopped by a cold hand on their collars.