•[Look Away]•

If you've decided to read this chapter in hopes of our main blue palidan being happy, having a nice ending and everything turning out amazing then this chapter is not for you. I suggest you drop this book and find something more delightful to read.

Ask any sane person and they will say the same 'Look away, Look away'.

This chapter is filled with dismay, with major character death, self harm and self hatred. So look away, look away.

~~

It is with my greatest regret that I must write this chapter. I made a promise to my dearest beloved to recount the tales of a certain Blue  Palidan which is so undeniably horrible that any sane person would much rather stop 'beating around the bush' to progress into the horrific tales.

'Beating around the bush' is a phrase that means 'avoiding a subject that one does not wish to converse about'. In this case, it means that a sane person would rather to write and get this over with.

So, with my up most disgust and hate to reveal this story to you, we shall progress to the Blue Palidan's Adventures.

~~

Lance awoke to the stars in his room, his alarm blaring. Three in the morning. He rubbed his eyes, starting the day off with a shower, feeling what his friend Hung dubbed as 'The Devil's tears' on his back. He breathed in the spices of his home town, lavender and ocean mixing and converging into one smell which complimented each other in a sweet and sour way.

Like a bittersweet memory. Lance had many of those, surfing with his ex boyfriend, making garlic knots with his two Mothers.

I must say, that for an incredibly sad person, it was remarkable how many people cared for him, how much they made sure that he at least looked happy. The Blue Palidan could not see it. unfortunatly, which is why I say look away, look away, look away, look away, look away.

The Blue Palidan was pessimistically sad, which is a term which means a tendency to stress the negative or unfavorable or to take the gloomiest possible view. This term is not to be used lightly, as a usually optimistic person can be slightly pessimistic to a certain topic. This does not make them a pessimist, however, this just means they have a certain dislike to That topic and that topic alone.

Take for example a cynical asshole who finds little joy in anything apart from music. This does not make them a optimist, this just means that they have a liking to that subject and that subject alone.

Once Lance had finished his shower, he went to his knife and razor collection, drawing pictures of his home town on his body.

Once he had wrapped the crimson paint that stained his body like the paint that had dripped from his Hermana's lips as she passed away in his arms as she whispered their favorite lyric from My Chemical Romance:

"No te besaré, porque la parte más difícil de esto es dejarte."

Lance felt the easy salty tears of acid dripping from his cheeks.

'So long and goodnight.' He had said. Now he wished that it wasn't the last time he had seen her.

It was to late for that.

He replaced the tear stains and eye bags with foundation and concealer, deciding to go full out today with his makeup.

He defined his cheekbones, checking the mirror one last time before he walked to breakfast.

Another mask was in place.

During the duration of Lance's 'getting read' procedure, the others where discussing the matter if a certain Blue Lion.

'During the duration' is a synonym for Meanwhile which is term that implies 'elsewhere while this is happening'. So in this context, I mean it as, While this is happening, the other palidans were talking about Lance.

Keith and Shiro were having a 'interlectual argument which was fair on both sides' on whether Lance should stay or go.

Surprisingly, Keith was arguing against, while Shiro was arguing for. It was a pitiful sight. Especially since Lance walked in as Shiro declared:

"We'll send him to a planet alone for seven days, which means a week without Lance." Shiro, of course, could not know that the blue palidan would come in at that time, but that is what happened. It's called Dramatic Irony.

Dramatic Irony is were your being dramatically ironic, by which the full significance of a character's words or actions is clear to the audience or reader although unknown to the character. It was originally used in Greek tragedy.

Lance snarled, grabbing the attention of his fellow palidans.

"If you want me to leave, then just say it."

Lance had been struggling with self doubt for years, and now he realized that his awful mind was right. He had no place here. He was useless. He didnt deserve to be a palidan of Voltron. He was nothing. His sperm donor of a father was right. He shouldn't have been born. The world has no place for mistakes. So why should the universe have room for him?

Because he was just a silly, little mistake.

Mistakes aren't meant to have feelings. They aren't meant to feel happiness. They shouldn't be allowed to experiance things that normal people could and should be able to experience. They were a waste of space. Waste of air. Waste of talent. Mistakes shouldn't feel the sun, bask in the moons silvery rays or taste the sand and feel the ocean.

Mistakes always die first.

Lance was sent to a peaceful planet, reminiscant of Earth.

He died alone.

He drowned himself in the ocean.

Hunk was the one who found him first.

Pidge was the one to break down first.

Allura was the first to gather his belongings, sending them to his mothers.

Coran was the first to get up the holographic map of Earth.

Shiro was the first to extend training time and treated everyone fairly.

Keith was the second to die.