Chapter Thirteen- Brotherhood

JAX POV (If you can please listen to the song for the second part of the story its called brother by Kodaline)

Kinnons voice roared through my head as Lowe stopped dead in his tracks his tail tucking between his legs. Never in the 22 years I had known Kinnon had I heard him this mad. He hadn't even been that angry after that dirty pack killed his parents. Something was seriously wrong. Kinnons words echoed through my mind bring me Kelly. Lowes hackles raised a snarl leaving his muzzle at the mention of her name. Ever since she came into our life, Kinnon had become a shell of the person he once was. It was like he was a prisoner, a prisoner to blackmail and heartbreak. 

Ever since we where kids, Kinnon would always carry the weight of the pack on his shoulder. I will never forget the day he was told he was Alpha. It was just after his parents died he was 16, just a kid. The black suit he was wearing pooled his body as he stood in front of the pack. He looked proud as he stared out into the crowd his eyes glistening with determination. The words he spoke where forever engraved into my mind;

"I know a lot of you are scared, I would be too but please listen to my words... Stand by me and I promise you all I will grow to be a leader who earns your respect and love. I will fight by your side and we will show our enemy we will not be defeated. We're strong and powerful "

The words that where so simple yet powerful caused the crowd to erupt with cheers. He was the hope we needed to survive. Kinnon dragged us all from the darkness as he rebuilt the pack from the ground up. The boy became a man and I was by his side every step of the way. We formed an unbreakable bond, brotherhood. 

"Enough reminiscing, we have a witch hunt" Lowe's voice rumbled within my mind as he walked forward his pads hitting the floor with heavy thuds as he inhaled the air sniffing for Kelly's scent. Lowe was always the serious one. My nickname for him was the noble wolf. It annoyed him.

"She was here not long ago, my guess is she has returned to the pack house, there is a strong smell of iron mixed in with her scent. It will make her easy to track" Lowe informed me as he started to pick up the pace towards the house. Lowe was a great hunter, with an amazing sense of smell so when he mentioned the smell of blood curiosity crept into my head. What had Kelly done? 

When we reached the pack house Lowe's body reared back his large head shaking from side to side as his nose scrunched up, bearing his fangs. The smell of chemicals where so strong it felt like it burnt holes into his nostrils. "Lowe, let me take over" Lowe nodded his head in an instant as his body changed back into mine. Stretching out I started walking into the house, I headed straight to the laundry room grabbing any clothes I could find. I got lucky this time, a plain black tshirt and jeans waited patiently for my arrival. Last time it was girl booty shorts and a pink top, man was I glad it was 3 am that night.  

"Focus Jax" Lowe scolded causing me to roll my eyes as I slipped into the clothes, it was like living with a nagging mother inside your head. My hand raised up to my head as I rubbed my temple, I felt like my brain was about to explode and it wasn't from Lowe's moaning. It was the smell of nail polish removes that was causing it. The smell was so strong within the house. Wolves, like dogs, hated the smell of nail varnish it was so overpowering. It clouded our senses.

Trailing through the house I made my way to Kinnon and Kelly's room. Leaning my ear against the door I could hear the sound of panicked movements inside the room. Grabbing the handle I threw the door open. Kelly's head swung round her wet hair wiping around her face as her eyes stared straight into mine they where wide and full of fear. She was like a dear in headlights. I had never seen her like this, it was actually kind of refreshing to see that smug expression wiped off her face. There was a moment of silence between us before she spoke. "You can't take me to him Jax, he will kill me" laughter slipped through my lips at her words. Yeah right.