9

Lucca walks into the room. It's a very elite group of individuals that have been invited to this meeting. They host it a building on the other side of the West Bank far away from the palace. He's dressed in his best but honestly he's dressed to kill...politically that is. He wouldn't dirty his hands getting into a real fight with Santos.

King Aiden is there. Lucca looks over at him. Lucca isn't really impressed by Aiden. He always thought Aiden was too patriotic. He always cared way too much about Eden for Lucca's personal tastes. For Lucca Aiden loved the city and the city loved him back. It was stupid in Lucca's opinion but Aiden was there. He was the most powerful person in Eden and everyone knew it.

"Can he really do this? Can he really divorce me?" Aiden asks the table.

The table consists of Arianna. She doesn't speak. She's doesn't have much of a title. She is here to report back. She's a representative of Countess Roxanne, the King's top Advisor. Roxanne couldn't be seen with this group of course. It would be treason. Roxanne was much too smart for that.

Right next to Arianna is Count Cicero. Cicero is an attractive man who is probably 150 years old but is stuck in the body of a 20 year old. Cicero is the blood collector in charge of the blood department. It's the most important department in Eden. Lucca would have to keep Cicero close with the blood shortage. He'd bribed him several times but Cicero was in love with Camilla...Lucca's partner in crime. In Eden politics you had to keep these people close. Cicero's department was vital for Eden. They were in charge of collecting the blood from blood suppliers outside of Eden. Clearly Cicero hated Santos as this whole Lilith blockade was causing a blood shortage. Bad for business.

"He can...but just because he can doesn't mean he will," Countess Livia states.

Countess Livia is big in the military. She is a war hero. Apart from Aiden she is the biggest figure in Eden. She was tough, strong and ruthless. Right next to her is Countess Lucretia and Count Ortero. They are both in charge of city defense.

"He's not stupid," Countess Lucretia states, "King Nero is making empty threats."

Ortero nods in agreement, "Just make up with him. It'll be fine."

"No it won't."

They all turn to the dark horse at the table. Armando. His tan Spanish skin gleams. Lucca can't help but to stare at him. He's always been so attractive to Lucca. How many times had Camilla not suggested a threesome with them and Armando. Camilla would be interested to know that Armando showed up for this little meeting to bring down Nero and Santos.

Lucca agrees, "We should listen to Armando. He knows the dynamic between Nero and Santos more than anyone of us."

Armando nods, "You're all fools if you think Nero won't divorce Aiden."

Livia seems distant, "He wouldn't do something so stupid."

"You must have never been in love," Armando argues with the countess pushing his arms on the table, "Aiden he will divorce you and he will marry Santos..."

Gasps cross the table.

Lucca clutches his chests. He is inclined to agree with Livia. King Nero was in love with Santos---yes, but to marry the son of Lilith? Santos was the most hated person in Eden. Armando was a good military person but maybe he wasn't as in tune with political decisions.

"Nero wouldn't marry that piece of shit," Lucca says.

'Lucca don't call him that," Aiden responds.

Lucca rolls his eyes. It's the weakness that Lucca knows Aiden to be. Aiden had a history with Nero. It was history that got in the way. However unlike Nero, Aiden seemed to love Eden just a little bit more than he cared about Santos. Lucca could use that.