14

"This looks bad."

"I didn't kill those people," I state.

Sinclair nods, "Sir I can testify that Santos left the room not too long before it was reported. I don't think he would have had time to kill them."

"I'm not saying Santos did it," Nero explains, "I'm just saying what it looks like. This just doesn't look good."

We are standing in the room. I've gathered the only people I can trust even a little bit. Nero and Coco. Sinclair is just there by default.

"Kill the witnesses," Coco states.

"We aren't killing the cleaning crew," I state.

"Then tell me who they are and I'll kill them," Coco explains, "You aren't the only one who has something to lose if you get buried alive again."

"Santos is right. I'd never do something so crazy Coco. You've lost your mind," Nero responds, "They are innocents."

"Still...this is the worst case scenario," I explain.

"Who could have killed them?" Nero asks, "Who would have wanted to kill Arie---besides you?"

"Armando."

"He's missing," Nero states at that moment.

I'm not surprised. Armando did what he did and he ran off.

"Listen Armando is up to something," I explain, "I believe he wants to help me. He thinks that destroying the Lucky one ring will do it."

"What will it do? What will destroying the Lucky One do?" Coco asks me.

I shake my head, "It'll let the darkness in. It'll let Lilith in."

"Maybe it's about time you do let her in," Coco explains shaking her head, "Maybe people will get a little scared of you then."

I look at Coco. She sounds like a fucking lunatic when she says things like that. She's pregnant now so I know she has something to lose. It's clear. I had something to lose to clearly but power wasn't everything.

Coco was clueless. She had no idea what allowing my mother into Eden would do. If she knew she wouldn't be making such a stupid comment.

My mother wasn't coming into Eden to talk. She was coming into Eden to kill.

I could feel her intentions.

"What are you saying?" I ask.

"I'm saying that once news gets out that you killed King Arie...you're a dead man," Coco explains, "People won't take the chance. And if King Nero tries to stop them this time..."

She pauses.

She pauses because Nero is in the room. Nero is looking down. He's deep in thought. I wonder what is on her mind. She doesn't want to put the thought in his head but there is no denying that is what's going to happen.

"If Nero tries to stop them, they'll turn on him," I state.

"Everyone will. There won't be any hiding this time Santos. There won't be any propoganda. If news gets out that Arie is dead and you were disovered at the scene you're dead. Whether you like it or not. We have to act. We have to do something."

"Everything you're suggesting is desperate Coco."

"Desperate times call for desperate measures."

It's Nero who stops Coco's madness with by clearing his throat and glaring, "Let's get married tomorrow."

"Tomorrow?" I ask.

"They can't come at you. Remember when we were kids...you hit me?" Nero asks me.