13

"You don't have to fight him."

"You know I do."

Nero has in his town car. Sinclair is driving and next to us are other security cars. It makes me wonder if this is how it would be like to be Nero's King. Everywhere we went there was security. 5 or 6 cars surrounding us. Gunmen on motorcycles attempting to break up the crowd who are attempting just to get a sight of the king with gunshots in the air.

I look outside the car. I look at the city. I would have been rid of all of this if Coco hadn't taken that stage and announced my plans to marry Nero and have my child be Nero's heir.

"You are mine," Nero explains, "You don't have to do anything you don't want to do."

"Combat Sanglant is tradition," I tell Nero, "A fight to the death with vampires. Turning it down would mean you were a coward. I've just started gaining respect with people in Eden. They just started liking me."

"Since when do you care about their respect?" he asks me, "Weren't we going to step down and give up everything?"

"We can't do that anymore," I explain.

"I assumed you didn't want to be the second King of Eden. That's why I was about to agree to give up the throne."

"I don't want to be...but if you are King then I belong right next to you," I tell Nero, "Remember? At your right hand side."

Nero clears his throat, "Sinclair. Take us to...the place we talked about."

"Yes sir."

"Where are we going?"

"You'll see..."

=========================================================================

We drive to the gardens of Eden. The gardens are a forest that surrounds the city. As we get there this place looks familiar almost immediatley. I've been to this part of the forest before, except it's not the same. A long time ago I hiked up this path. Now a road had been made cutting directly into the forest. It has been 100 year and I guess there were small changes made in the Eternal city in that time. Still the forest looks the same. There is still that sense of beauty there. I turn behind and watch as the security holds back away from us.

Only specific bodyguards stay with us. They open the door once we get deep in the forest.

"It's cold," I state.

It's unusual for Eden. Truthfully I don't think it's the weather. I'm nervous for some reason. The more we walk the more this place looks familiar. A cold sweat drips slowly down my neck and onto my chest.

"Come here," Nero replies.

He steps behind me and wraps his arms around me. My heart is beating faster and faster as we go deeper into the woods.

"Nero----why are we here?" I ask.

He laughs, "Do you remember this place?"

"Of course."

"Santos you're crying..."

I hadn't even noticed. It. I remembered these woods. As we walk into the same exact spot I see there are people out there. They are dressed in tuxedos. There is a table set up out there as well.

"This place."

"I'm glad you remember. After 100 years I'd thought you forget."

There is an orchestra, I notice. It isn't one or two people. It is a full sized orchestra. There are 70 musicians there. They gather around and they are playing a serenade. A conductor stands in there giving dramatic hand gestures as he directs the performance. I don't recognize these vampires. I haven't seen them before but it doesn't matter.