Pt.1 // Chapter 10

Jace's P.O.V

I left the room turning off the lights. I wanted to believe that she was going to be a good girl and go to sleep but somehow I still knew that I'd get there and she would either not be there or not be asleep. I had work to do anyway so I went to my office and sat at my desk letting out a sigh. It gets me frustrated.

As always, the first thing I see on my papers is reports of rogues, wolves from other packs or humans invading my territory. I somehow started to not give a damn about it been a while ago. It's just easy to get rid of them. The only thing that concerns me the most is the humans. Now that Lily is here we have to make sure that none of them leave with information about us, so we keep them in our prison.

I know that if they find her here they'll take her away from me and spread rumours about us and then we'll be back at the times where werewolves were savage half-shifted creatures, which is a lie obviously. Of course we have some humans in the pack, just like Lily is my mate, there's also other wolves whose mates are humans as well. I think that's nice since they're good at helping us when it comes to take care of rogues, since we can't stand wolfsbane, they hold it for us while we assure them security. But that's just a small strategy.

Honestly I don't really know why wolves from other packs invade my pack's territory. Usually it's just because they have to talk to me in person and other times to request to join the pack, but of course that's just the majority of them. The rest are arrested until we get in contact with their pack to find out why they're out, the reasons vary... I think I'll have many reports from now on.

Lily's here but she has been taken as lost for the humans, and it has to stay like that. Otherwise not just my pack but every single pack would be in trouble. It has only been 52 hours since they started trying to find her. I have guards out there making sure to distract them until the case doesn't make any sense anymore. Reporting to having seen her in different places at the same time, talking about her wearing many different outfits throughout that day, etc. Are only two of the things they say in order to make sure that nobody has a clue about wherever she went.

Looking back at the papers I noticed I had already signed all of them. It was fast. It always is when I dive in my thoughts like this. I verified if everything was alright and then I placed them in a drawer under the desk. A sigh escaped my mouth, it didn't come from me, but from Spike. He got me thinking about the mating process again. It would have to happen soon, the faster we mate the faster I make sure she's staying at the pack house.

I turned off my lamp letting the moonlight be the only thing invading my office making it look dark blue. The moonlight always helped me coping with stress. It was very silent. Peaceful... I placed my arms on the desk and laid my head on my knuckles closing my eyes. I always loved these kinds of nights. The pack was noisy during the day, I always have lots of work to do but at night it's just like no one's here.

Not that I want to leave my pack, I love it and if something happens to it I... I wouldn't die... I would rather living the rest of my life carrying the guilt. Dying is just the easiest out. I heard footsteps, my eyes opened and stared at the door ready to attack in case it was someone undesired. But the door opened. I looked deep into it. A sweet smell came to me.

"I-I can't sleep..." A soft voice spoke and soon I saw my love entering the office with sleepy eyes making me relax and smile a bit in relief. "It's alright, I just finished..." And I got up, walking up to her and holding her close noticing how cold her body was compared to mine. She held my hand and took us to the room laying back down on the bed once we finally entered.

I kissed her head and took off my pants. "Don't look princess, daddy's gonna take a shower." She nodded. "K daddy" I saw her hiding her face under the bedsheets as I took off my boxers and walked to the bathroom, closing the door. "You may look now!" ... "K daddy!!" I chuckled and went in the shower turning on the water. I took a shower and soon I was out getting ready, blow drying my hair, brushing my teeth and putting on my boxers.

I walked out the room, she was sitting on the bed staring at the window, she didn't notice I was out already, so I walked slowly and wrapped a arm around her back. "The moon's beautiful, isn't it..?" I noticed she had been caught off guard, she jumped a bit but she soon noticed it was me, nodding and smiling. "Come on, let's go to sleep..." And we both laid down. I kissed her, held her close and we soon fell asleep.

*...*