Pt.1 // Chapter 19

Lily's P.O.V.

I was starting to get anxious for his answer, it has been 3 days, I know, not enough time to make a plan that will simply be good to the point of not being caught by the police but I still want him to just come up and tell me he's ready to put whatever he has in mind to work. I sat on the bed, he was working in his office. I tried to think of the many things I could do. Tell Betsy to come over? Not an option. She's with her girlfriend and it's raining outside. I could also try to talk with someone from the pack. No. I still don't know much about the people who live here besides some of their names. The closest ones I have are Mark and Kaiser, but Mark is busy helping Jace with his plan, and Kaiser would probably be working at the time. It wasn't bad to try but I'm afraid I might bother him.

Well, it has never been bad to try even if we don't succeed, so I got up, I wore one of Jace's hoodies over the T-shirt I had on, it was big and comfy. Then I put on a scarf, my boots and soon I was leaving the room, making my way downstairs, getting an umbrella and leaving to the other side of the mansion, I could have simply walked down all those big halls, but it was boring. The whole mansion forms a large square with a garden in the middle, I would end up getting lost if I went through the inside and walked in circles searching for his area. I passed by the fountain that stood in the middle. Jace once told me that the water shines every time the full moon aligns with the very center of the fountain, he said that whenever it happens, it is possible to communicate directly with the moon goddess if the wolf who tries it offers something worth her visit and is lucky enough as well. Sounded more like another small tale, but it got me staring at the fountain for a couple seconds. I smiled and waved at it, making my way again towards Kaiser's room. I don't really know why I waved, but it seemed appropriate, besides it sure is a beautiful fountain.

I entered the mansion once again and only a while after walking I was able to spot Kaiser's room. I knocked on the door. Nothing. So I tried to enter the room. I opened the door slightly. "H-huh... Kaiser?" And he looked behind. He was simply sitting on his bed, listening to music. That's why he didn't notice me knocking on the door. He looked behind as soon as he noticed my presence, getting up fast and running up to me moving his headphones around his neck. "Lily! Is everything ok?" He is used to only being called for something that requires military intervention. Not this time though. "Hum... No I'm just bored. Jace is busy making up ways to get me to see my parents, so is Mark..." He looked at me with a smile, almost as if he was trying not to laugh, but he seemed relieved.

"Shit, you worried me now. By the way, how is the progress going?" I sighed. "I really don't know... It's been three days but he still hasn't managed to tell me if he's even close to finishing it." He then placed his hand on my shoulder, giving me a sweet smile. "It's going to be alright, I promise you that." I nodded and smiled softly. "By the way, do you have his permission to be here?" I tilted my head. Why the hell would I need his permission to see a member of the pack? Besides, he's the Gamma, talking to him shouldn't be an issue, also because he has been the one to guard me while Jace is out. "He doesn't know you're here. Does he...?" I shook my head. "Nope." Kaiser looked to the side as if something was bothering him. "Let's go to the main salon. He's gonna murder me if he ever sees you in my room..." He chuckled a bit, almost in embarrassment, making me giggle as I stepped outside going straight to the mansion's door that led to the gardern once again, opening my umbrella and finally stepping outside, looking behind to make sure Kaiser was coming right behind me.

He stopped for a moment, making me turn around to face him. "Kaiser, you alright?" He smiled and nodded looking up. "Don't you enjoy being here? This garden is so peaceful..." I smiled and nodded looking up as well. But suddenly I just felt like smiling wasn't really what I wanted to do. "I just wish I didn't have to be locked in here... I would like to still go out, maybe even go to college, I used to hate it but now I just miss it all, just like my family. At least I'm lucky that Betsy is still here for me."

He smiled a bit. "I know how that feels..." I looked at him in confusion. "Were you kidnapped?" His eyes widened and he was soon chuckling. "No! No! But I left a lot behind for the girl that I fell in love with." I tilted my head. "So you were a human?" He nodded slightly, soon giving me another one of his sweet smiles, yet this one seemed quite sad. "Yeah... But it wasn't worth it." I pouted. "Will you ever tell me about that story?" ... "One day. I promise." We soon started to walk again and making our way to the salon as he followed. We decided to watch TV as he was going to show me one of his favorite shows, until Jace came in. "Baby girl, I would like you to come with me for a second." I looked at him in confusion but followed him as he told me to, he took me to the front yard. I looked at him.

"What is going on?" He smiled at me. "We did it." My eyes widened. "W-what do you mean by that!?" He chuckled and kissed my lips as the sound of a car coming closer to the mansion started to get louder and soon the scream of a woman's voice followed. "My daughter!"

*...*