Pt.1 // Chapter 27

Jace's P.O.V

I tried to keep myself from jumping. I was happy, me and my mate were having a pup and just the thought that I actually accomplished this in my life is enough to make me wonder what else I'll be able to do as long as I have Lily by my side. I looked at her. She was there, staring in shock. I couldn't really tell if she was happy or sad about it, which made me worried. I tried reading her thoughts but they were a mess, not that it was new, her whole thinking process is a mess by nature. But right now it's not just a mess, it's THE mess. I reached over to her, holing her hand as I still didn't really have the time or courage to finally express how happy I felt for knowing that I'd be a father. "Honey... You ok?" She didn't answer me but soon got up. "Thank you for your help, sir..." And then made her way out, pulling on me a bit to follow her as she slowed down, waiting for me to get up, until I finally made my way to her. We found ourselves alone as we walked back home.

"Sweetie you're making me worry..." I said softly, she looked at me. "Can we please talk about this when we get home?" ... "Your parents are there..." She sighed. "We talk in our room." I stood quiet for a moment before agreeing with her, nodding my head. I was still a pile of joy but soon worry started take over me. Spike felt the same "what if she doesn't want to keep the pup? Would she ever be able to do something like that?... I don't think so..." We both sighed as we kept our eyes on her. She seemed like she was really having a storm inside her head, but at the same time something about her seemed... Better. She seemed happy, but scared too. I got close, holding her hand and looking at her while kissing her head. "You know you didn't let the doctor finish... We'll have to be back there soon..." My words made her blush as she tried to hide her embarrassment, making me smile as I suddenly felt the urge to kiss her lips, and I did so, holding her close and carefully. We soon got inside. She stretched as we entered our room and I kept an eye on her while closing the door.

"Honey we should talk..." I said slowly as she turned back to look at me. She the made her way to the bed. "Come sit, love" I did as she told me to, sitting next to her and holding her hand, using my free hand to caress her belly softly. She sighed and smiled at me. "I want you to know that I'm really happy that we're having a pup but... Honestly I'm pretty much scared at this point..." I kept my eyes laid on her as she spoke. "I mean... I'm so young, I'm barely in my twenties a-and my parents- Imagine what they'll do when they find out. I mean... I don't want to leave this child behind. I want to have it, and I want to raise it, I love everything about our baby already." She smiled softly. "But I want you to understand that this isn't like accepting another member in you pack. This is a baby... Our baby. And it requires a lot coming from us. I'm really relying on you to help me through this because I can't go through this alone, specially talking to my parents and then making sure that the baby is healthy and- And...-" I pulled her in a kiss as I held her close between my arms.

I understood how she felt, she was the mother after all, I get that she needs me and I hope she gets that I will never give up on her, nor our pup. She's my mate, and the mother of my heirs too. This is just our first... It's obvious we're having more than one pup. Soon after this one we'll make more. That's just how we work as werewolves. I get to have my own pups and that is enough to make me feel happy. Lily could hear my thoughts through mind link. Next time I looked at her she was crying with a pretty smile traced across her lips. I chuckled and kissed her head as she suddenly tackled me down in a hug, giggling while holding me close. "We're having a pup!" She smiled happily as I chuckled, holding her close to me, kissing her lips softly and slowly while she deepened the kiss. I could tell she was excited and happy by the way she moved her body and looked at me.

I smiled back at her. I was excited too. I moved my hand on her belly, petting it softly and smiling widely. She blushed and smiled while looking at me before her parents came in, seeing her sit on my lap. "We were so worried!!" Mark rushed to them trying to pull them back. "Come on! You guys can't just invade a room like that!" I sat up, and held Lily close as she stared at them still in disbelief. I chuckled a bit while watching her as she tried to process everything that was going on in her head. She looked cute. Mark managed to keep them away for a second and soon came in, closing the door. "Mrs. Lily, I'm sorry but for the second time, your parents are crazy!" She looked at him and giggled softly. He sat down next to us. "Anyway... Are you guys ok? Where did you go?" Lily looked me while mind linking me. "Can we tell him?"

I rolled my eyes a bit and nodded with a smile. "Well you have to keep it down low ok? We went to the infirmary because she hasn't been feeling well lately." I said softly, allowing her to continue. "And it turns out that I'm pregnant..." she smiled happily as Mark stared at us with his eyes wide open. "Congrats!!" He said smiling before getting up and chuckling. "Don't worry, your secret is safe with me, but you guys don't expect me to be the one to tell your parents all that... Do you...?" We all chuckled and agreed with him. "Don't worry, we don't"

*...*