Pt.1 // Chapter 20

Jace's P.O.V

I held Lily close once her mother violently opened the door rushing to her daughter as if there was no tomorrow. I looked at Lily. She was just petrified, her eyes started to fill with tears but before her mother could approach her Kaiser ran up to her, holding her arms behind her back, looking at me. She was crying. I sighed and nodded slightly letting go of Lily as she turned to face me, I simply smiled at her and looked at Kaiser, giving him permission to let go of the woman. I sighed watching the two of them hugging tightly, not letting go of one another. Kaiser walked up to me as Mark soon followed. "I guess we did it." The three of us nodded in agreement. Mark looked at me. "Shouldn't her father be here too?" I shrugged a bit. "Well, he is here... He just didn't make the effort to leave the car yet." Mark looked at the car. "I think he was knocked out." My eyes widened as I rushed up to it opening the driver's door. "What happened to the "do not harm or mistreat" part of the plan?"

I did my Alpha voice as he soon looked at me and laughed a bit. "We didn't knock him out, he just passed out when we told him he was going to see his daughter again"..." O-oh... My apologies..." I walked back to Kaiser and Mark. "Nope... He's fine." The two of them laughed as I decided to focus again on Lily and her mother. They still didn't manage to let go off the hug, but they were talking, I was quite afraid of approaching them right away so I mind linked Lily. "How do you feel?" I could see her smiling through the mind link. I smiled at the thought of knowing that she was happy. My attention was soon turned again to her mother who was now asking her endless questions. "Are you ok? What did they do to you? Did they hurt you? Do you know how much I missed you?" I sighed but my eyes widened once her mother slid a hand through Lily's hair, uncovering the mark I had left on her neck. Her mother gasped once she noticed it.

"Did an animal bite you!? Does it still hurt!? It's not infected, is it!?" She touched the mark slightly making Lily shiver as her heart suddenly pounded, echoing loud enough to reach me through mind link. Spike was becoming aggressive. "We're the only ones who can touch that mark!!" I tried to control him, breathing slowly and closing my eyes tightly. Kaiser looked at me and whispered. "Jace, you ok?" I shook my head quite violently, looking at Lily. Kaiser followed my look and soon Lily looked back at me. "J-Jace!" She ran to me, holding my hands softly, whispering into my ear. "It's fine, I'm here..." She placed my hands on her cheeks, helping me calm my wolf down by putting her own little hands on my cheeks as well. I smiled a bit, chuckling at the feeling of my face being caressed by her and gave her a soft kiss on the lips, pulling her into a hug to which she responded by hugging me back tightly. Her mom got up, grabbing her by the arm. "I-it's fine sweetheart, the nice man that took us here is taking us back home... Let's go." And she dragged Lily by the arm to the car as the driver got out, carrying her dad out with him and locking the doors.

"Sorry ma'am, this was a one way trip. I can't take you back without the Alpha's permission." He said, walking inside the mansion as she followed quickly trying to get him to open the car doors and take her back home with my mate, which almost made me get out of myself once again. Kaiser looked at me putting a hand on my shoulder. "Don't get stressed out by this... She doesn't even know what kind of relationship you and Lily have." I nodded. He was right, I was being an idiot. I had to focus on introducing her mother and her father to their daughter's new life. Mark looked at me. "Are you planning on letting them live in the mansion?" I looked at him. "Not really, unless they want to. But I'd like to avoid that. The pack until now only has werewolves, hybrids and marked humans like Lily... But they can't mark each other, neither of them has a wolf." Mark nodded.

"Besides, unless we gave them a personal guard they wouldn't be able to live in the pack for long, specially because of the many rogue invasions that have been occurring lately." He said. I sighed. "Unless they come in groups, we have them under control. Kaiser has been doing a good job training our soldiers for future rogue attacks. Remember we're a pack, they're only a few small groups, the biggest attack that happened was in Betsy's pack and they still were soon able to capture all of the responsible groups for the genocide..." Mark tilted his head a bit. "Well you do have a point there... Then I think all we have to do now is let them know their daughter is ok and make them stop the investigations."

*...*