chapter four : attempts that are stopped

~

stop

/stɒp/

verb

(of an event, action, or process) come to an end; cease to happen.

~

Jungkook awoke to the sound of his brothers' shouts and commotion in the shared room. He found himself, once again, in the familiar solitude of his own joined room, his two older brothers occupied elsewhere. With a resigned sigh, he sat up in his bed, silently observing the chaos beyond the door, where his siblings engaged in cheerful banter and shared laughter.

Yet, amidst the backdrop of their animated exchanges, Jungkook's solitude weighed heavily on his young shoulders. He ruffled his hair absentmindedly, a habit he had developed as a coping mechanism for the isolation he often felt. However, as he did so, a sudden, throbbing pain began to emanate from his temples, intensifying with every passing moment.

"Ah," he uttered softly, wincing as he instinctively brought his hand to his forehead, hoping to alleviate the mounting pain. But the discomfort refused to dissipate, persisting and surging through his skull, tearing him apart as if it was his own father's words, crude, blunt and emotionless.  His eyes, wide with fear and unease, glistened with a sheen of perspiration, the physical manifestation of his anxiety.

Unable to bear the agony, Jungkook slowly lowered himself back onto the bed, his thoughts consumed by a deluge of unsettling questions. What if his brothers misconstrued his pain as an attention-seeking ploy? What if they grew resentful of his vulnerability? The prospect of seeking care and affection appeared perilous, as he pondered the possibility of driving his beloved brothers away.

The burden of these daunting questions ampliefied his stress, and at the tender age of twelve, he grappled with emotions well beyond his years. His head throbbed in rhythm with his anxious thoughts, and his heart ached with the weight of his inner turmoil, leaving him to confront the tumultuous journey toward self-acceptance and the complex dynamics within his family.Drop

Drop

Drop

Tears, akin to glistening crystals, traced a path down the young boy's cheeks as the intensity of his pain surged. stinging his eyes as if he was forcing them open for minutes, It grew increasingly unbearable, tormenting his fragile frame. For what felt like an eternity, he remained seated, clutching his head in a futile attempt to mitigate the suffering. After enduring this agony for a grueling fifteen minutes, the pain finally began to relent, allowing the boy a momentary respite. His breath escaped in a heavy, exhausted sigh, as he felt a fleeting sense of relief wash over him.

As if releived he'd not be an burden to his family, not wether the fact why he expericed such grueling migraine this early in the morning, guess that was for future him to stress about. He mustered the strength to rise from his seat, moving with deliberate caution. The bathroom beckoned, and he obliged, seeking refuge beneath the cascading water of the shower. The soothing embrace of the water's warmth held him briefly, offering solace and respite from his torment.