Vulnera Sanentur

Draco spent a couple more days in hospital recuperating. He was visited by a string of unexpected visitors. Luna was one of the first to come and check on him, and to apologise on her father's behalf for publishing the photographs in The Prophet. Draco accepted the apology commenting that he was impressed that the old coot even had it in him to do something so cunning. His mother stayed by his side as much as possible. Draco suspected that she blamed herself for what had happened as much as she seemed to blame Harry, often shaking her head and muttering about how it wouldn't have happened if only she had been there. Draco knew it would have happened regardless, but his words did little to abate his mother's guilt. Andromeda and Teddy came to visit every day and said that they were both missing him terribly. Ginny and Neville popped in to check on him as well after they had been to visit Neville's parents, leaving a small potted Moly plant by his bedside 'to ward off Dark Enchantments', which Draco appreciated more than he cared to admit. To Draco's immense surprise, Pansy Parkinson and Gregory Goyle came by to see him as well. Pansy said that hearing what had happened to Draco 'put things in perspective for her' and they each promised to keep in touch. Hermione and Ron visited as well, but the one person who Draco wanted to see never came.

"Where's Harry?" he asked before Hermione and Ron could even open their mouths to greet him.

Ron sighed and pulled something out of his pocket and handed it to Draco. "He wanted me to give you this. He says he's sorry."

Draco opened the sealed parchment and began to read. The further down he read, the deeper his frown became. When he had reached the end of the page he checked the other side of the parchment for more writing but found none. He brandished the letter in Ron's face.

"He told you to give me this?" he demanded.

"Yeah," Ron replied before adding hastily, "I don't know what it says."

Although by Draco's furious reaction, he could take two guesses. Draco scrunched the parchment up in his fist. "When did he give this to you?"

"A few minutes ago," said Ron. "We asked if he was coming here with us to visit you, but he just handed that to me and said to pass it on to you."

Draco threw the bedsheets off of his legs and got unsteadily to his feet.

"What are you doing?" asked Ron.

"I'm getting the hell out of here," said Draco grabbing his clothes.

Uncaring that he was in full view of Ron and Hermione he began to strip from his hospital robes. Hermione squeaked and covered her eyes. Ron rolled his eyes and turned away from Draco to give him some privacy.

"What is your obsession with stripping naked in front of me?" Hermione despaired.

"Nothing personal, Granger," he huffed while struggling to pull on his jeans. "But this is an emergency."

"Malfoy, you're not well enough to leave the hospital," she argued.

"While I appreciate your concern for my well-being, I feel as fit as an erumpant, thank you. Besides, I spoke to the Healers this morning, I'm well out of the woods now. They can't keep me here against my will." Draco straightened himself to his full height, swaying slightly. "It's safe for you to turn around again."

Ron and Hermione turned to look at him. "What are you going to do?"

"To stop Harry," he declared.

"Stop Harry?" asked Hermione. "From doing what?"

"From leaving," he said, shoving the parchment into his back pocket.

"Leaving?" asked Ron, confused. "What are you on about?"