Chapter 2: The Spirit As the Base, Giving Rise to Cultivation!

At that thought, Ke YongAn at first felt extremely weird, but after more mulling, she begun to accept the idea. Thoughts gave way to wild imagination.

She pictured herself standing on a snowy mountain with robes fluttering majestically in the wind while executing flying sword moves. Her eyes shone like twinkling stars.

Perhaps it was another symptom after death, but Ke YongAn did not feel anything when she recalled her past memories, and thus was able to accept the changes quicker.

A new feeling of encouragement welled up inside her.

Coincidentally, that was when the emperor had showed up through a swirling golden light. A strange light appeared in his eyes when he viewed Ke Yong An's pumped fists and twinkling face.

"I see you have adapted well," He began to speak, anticipation rising in Ke YongAn.

"Emperor, what term should I-ehm, this lowly one inform you as?" Ke YongAn looked every part of an eager child, and when coupled with the polite words, it seemed like the first day of being a servant meeting their idol, the emperor.

"From this day on, you shall call me as Royal Father. However, in private, you may inform me as Huang ZiYun."

"Sure. This lowly one greets Emperor Huang ZiYun." Ke YongAn spoke cheekily, thinking the polite talk was an extremely a fun thing to do.

"There is no need for formalities." Emperor Huang ZiYun laughed, but didn't say anything more.

"Why, I-this lowly one does not dare. This lowly one also feels this way of talk is amusing." Ke YongAn spoke with a simple smile on her face.

"Then I won't convince you." He smiled back.

"As my acting daughter, you must also take up the mantle of cultivation. As for a body, I think my daughter's should do for now."

Ke YongAn was all ears, even leaning closer to not miss a word when cultivation was mentioned. As for the latter sentence, it had went through one ear and out the other.

"What is cultivation?

  In our pursuit of Taoism, cultivation is to go against the heavens become it as well. However, even though cultivation is the same for all people, each will have their own path.

The soul is considered the most important for cultivation. My daughter was tested on the affinity with the soul and the results marked her as extremely talented.

Another strange aspect of the soul is its attribute. The attribute represents which type qi one can   cultivate in, but it is also linked to the soul. There are countless attributes out there. Most practitioners possess only one attribute, but there are also cases of those with two. As for those with three, it is even more uncommon. The ones with a fourth attribute are unicorn horns and phoenix tails, but of course, I have seen too many to count.

The most attributes that have appeared on a practitioner I have seen is 12." The way he spoke was nonchalant, giving way to how arrogant he was. However, it seemed he had those qualifications.

Ke YongAn was in awe, and like a sponge, soaked in all the information. While talking, Emperor Huang ZiYun waved his sleeve, summoning two spheres. These two spheres had designs on them that flickered with multi-coloured light.

"This sphere is to test your latent potential on the path of cultivation." A sphere had flew over to hover in-front of Ke YongAn.

"If it is red, that is the lowest potential. This carries on until violet. The legendary figures possess talent that go beyond violet, to a mysterious colour. Latent Potential controls the speed and amount at which you can take in qi. It also determines with realm you will reach in the future." Ke YongAn made a wild guess, based on all those novels she read.