Chapter 11: Where is This?

"Your majesty, although I have done wrong and should die a thousand times over, there is one thing that I beg your majesty to gift this lowly one. I...have a family too. My only wish is for you to look after them.

My son must is still a small child, and my daughter is not born yet. My wife is very virtuous, and beautiful. What a pity she'll be a widow once I die.

This lowly one's cultivation is very shallow, only at the Spirit Awakening stage even after all this time. Haiz...I only wanted resources to protect and make living much better for my family..."

Coming to the last sentence, it was spoken with truth. Life was tough. As they say, the good man dies early, and only the villains live long. With Emperor Huang ZiYun's unfathomable cultivation, he could tell the man was speaking the truth.

Now, he only waited to see what Ke YongAn would do.

Ke YongAn was only angry. She didn't hate Elder Rong to the point in which there could only be one to live. So naturally, when hearing this, she felt pity.

"Royal father, I think it is in our best interest to let Elder Rong go. After all, a man needs his liveliness. As for the reward, let him keep a little for not acting against me." Ke YongAn sighed.

Too soft! Emperor Huang ZiYun's eyes flashed with disapproval, but he only nodded his head to Ke YongAn's suggestion.

With that, the incident was sorted out. Elder Rong had kowtowed repeatedly in gratitude. The truth was, although Elder Rong was shameless and extremely greedy, he still wasn't the worst. This was shown by how he cared for his family.

With a sigh, Emperor Huang Zi Yun waved his sleeve and the carriage departed. He looked at Ke YongAn, thinking of ways to make sure she wouldn't be too soft hearted, lest she be taken advantage of. However, he caught himself thinking this way, and felt odd. It was like Ke YongAn was his daughter.

Ke YongAn was just supposed to be a replacement until they were able to locate his daughter. However, the past two months teaching Ke YongAn had brought him to grow fond of her.

Ke YongAn was like the complete opposite of his daughter.

Quiet if she could, diligent, intelligent, alert, humble, polite, patient, kind.

As for his daughter...it was just a headache to think about her.

Arrogant, loves to make her presence known, mischievous, childish, spoiled, quick-witted, talented.

Now that he thought about it...perhaps he could have made Princess Huang Xing into a better candidate for leadership. Comparing the two, it would have been great if Princess Huang Xing inherited even just half of Ke YongAn's traits.

As for Ke YongAn, Emperor Huang ZiYun narrowed it down to inexperience, which lead to a lack of confidence, and lack of ambition.

"It is impressive that you could make it into the top ten of your group." Emperor Huang ZiYun started, but Ke YongAn had lost the proudness to boast already.

"Mhm." Came the only reply.

"The semester starts in 7 days." Ke YongAn shifted the topic, feeling new curiosity toward this kind of school life. How different would it be from her past life's school?

Emperor Huang Zi Yun finally plotted a way to sharpen Ke YongAn. It wouldn't do if she continued to be too soft.

However, Ke YongAn couldn't help it. Coming from a world with laws in place to keep everyone safe, the human heart became soft and unalert.

Feeling tired from the examinations, Ke YongAn yawned and stepped into the palace.

So tired...this is a little unnatural! Ke YongAn shouldn't feel like this, as she was after all, in the 6th rank Qi strengthening stage. She instantly grew alert.

In fact, it was Emperor Huang ZiYun who was forcing Ke YongAn to fall unconscious. This way, without harming the body, Emperor Huang ZiYun could sharpen Ke YongAn's mind through illusions.

Of course, comparing the two cultivation bases, it was impossible for Ke YongAn to resist. Therefore, she became so tired and sleepy that she fell onto the floor unceremoniously.

Finding this change, the servants ran over hastily.

Emperor Huang ZiYun said nothing and walked towards the imperial study for his work.

If she couldn't be successful to break past the illusion, she would be late for the first day of the Heaven Dao Academy. If that happened, it would be better if Ke YongAn did not go at all!

Even though the Heaven Dao Academy seemed to be a peaceful academy on the surface, it was like any other sect, even more competitive!

However, unbeknownst to both, Ke YongAn had not fallen under the illusion, as something inside her seemed to respond to that threat. Instead, that thing had wrapped up Ke YongAn's soul and sent her to a pocket world!

Okay, dear readers. Pocket worlds are different, as they are actually just a part of the world they are connected to. It is just that it is separated from that world so that there is only a few ways to get to the separated part.

Meanwhile, Ke YongAn slowly came to. She rose from her lying position. However, she wasn't greeted to the palace walls. Instead, she was in a forest, lying in a clearing of grass!

The chirps of birds and buzzing of insects resounded and the canopy of trees spread far above her head. The wind swished, swaying the leaves.

Ke YongAn stared in wonder and confusion. How did she get here? Why was she even here?

Ke YongAn pondered. Her instant conclusion that either she was teleported here, she had been transmigrated into another world again, or it was all just an illusion.

She felt extremely disoriented.

Where in the world was she?

A small interlude:

Huang Xing: Boring, too boring~

This is no fun at all!

Contracted beast: Milady, if you don't like it here, we can go to the pocket world I came from.

Huang Xing: oh, oh! Xiao Yue, you never told about this before! That seems like fun!

And thus, they enter that pocket realm. Except...they never meet Ke YongAn. Which world is it? ;)

P.s. This small interlude was only for the purpose of hitting the 1k word mark for this chapter! XP