Chapter 27: Looking Around

Apart from that little episode of the attack, the rest of the journey was safe-sailing.

Ke YongAn kept thinking about the events at the time. She read about it in novels, with the Main Character(MC) who always went against these corrupt people(The city mayor), but she did not want to do the same. After all, this was a trip for the people who volunteered and for their own families they needed to feed. She could not disappoint Yan RuSu who did so much for her.

Aside from that, Ke YongAn began to cultivate, day and night. Although this was grueling process, feeling the powerlessness at unable to help that last time fueled her resolve. It was also great that Ke YongAn was innately patient. And thus, she was now able to use the lightning freely now without feeling stiff or awkward.

Ke YongAn snapped away from her cultivation the minute the caravan suddenly stopped. Stabilizing her emotions, she muttered a small curse at the close call. She could have injured herself at that time from breaking focus.

Peeking out from under the cover, Ke YongAn gazed at the sight of walls reaching up high and almost to the clouds. Although Ke YongAn had seen more impressive sights, this one still amazed her.

They had arrived at the Great Floating City.

...Wait...I don't have an ID... the sudden realization from observation caused Ke YongAn to begin to panic. Therefore, she obediently sat still without moving a single fiber of her being. She even ceased to breathe(well, since stepping into the Nine Passages Stage, she is able to hold her breath for long periods of time). The only way you could identify Ke YongAn is even there is if you can see her.

Like that, Ke YongAn was smuggled into the Great Floating City.

"Okay! Come on, Big sis will show you around." Yan RuSu cheerfully smiled whilst dragging Ke YongAn out before she could begin her cultivation session.

This current scene happened after the entourage secured their lodging. After all, there was still some time before the official negotiation with the city mayor would begin.

Of course, Ke YongAn didn't have any intentions to go out in the beginning. Right now she was obsessed on the topic called cultivation in order to get stronger. Besides, she was quite the shut-in back in her life on earth, never the one to go out on social gatherings.

"Um...Elder sis, there isn't really a need to go out, right? Besides, what if something unexpected happens?" Ke YongAn spoke, trying to convince Yan RuSu to let go of her iron grip on Ke YongAn's arm.

Yan RuSu stared at Ke YongAn exasperatedly, "Be more adventurous young man! You're still young, what's there to fear? Anyways, life wouldn't be interesting without twists and turns."

I would rather have a peaceful life. Ke YongAn thought internally, thinking about Emperor Huang YunXiu on this occasion. She felt quite pained instantly, so she sighed and pushed it to the back of her mind once more.

Giving up on resisting on this point, Ke YongAn allowed Yan Rusu to drag her outside of the building as they walked down the busy paths of the city. Ke YongAn has to admit that the city, despite bearing similarities to the capital city of the continent she first came to in this world, had its own unique points that set it apart.

Instead of the feeling of being refined, the city was that of more roughness.

Despite the difference, the level of noise was still the same, as well as....

Ke YongAn looked into a deep alleyway to peer into the slums of the refugees. Her eyes flashed with sadness and pity, but Ke YongAn did not make a move to help. After all, she was never one to hold out a helping hand, especially when she arrived in this world.

Therefore, with another moment of hesitation, Ke YongAn turned her head and walked on, as if she never saw such a scene.

"How about we check out the auction? There should be some interesting things there." After glancing around at the more shallow items, Yan RuSu suggested after Ke YongAn caught up.

You have the money? Ke YongAn thought, a little surprised. if Yan RuSu had the money, what was the need to come on this journey if the pay was so little at only 20 gold coins? Yes, to Ke YongAn, the pay was quite an amount at 20 gold coins(those farmers can live on this for quite a few years) but remember, Ke YongAn was once acting as Princess Huang Xing. The auctions she seldom attended at the capital needed 100 gold coins as admission and 10 000 for a seperate room. The most anyone had bid was 10 million. So therefore, one needed to be wealthy to attend an auction and be even more wealthy if one wanted to walk away with any items.

With mirth in Yan RuSu's eyes, she chuckled and led the way without looking back at Ke YongAn.

Sighing, Ke YongAn righted her thoughts and followed Yan RuSu without complaining furthur. Ke YongAn honestly did not want to go since she herself did not possess any money and was not thick-skinned enough to ask Yan RuSu any favors. Even if Ke YongAn found something useful she would not be able to possess it, and perhaps she would feel negative at the thought that she could not afford it.

But oh well.

"Welcome." After paying the admission fee for two, Yan RuSu and Ke YongAn entered the opened grand doors to the famous auction of the Great floating City named "Gold".

Immediately, through the bowed employees, a woman that had a plain face but superior curved body swayed towards them. She was especially targeting Ke YongAn who was disguised as a young man, hoping to seek more benefits. But that was normal.

However, with a glare from Yan RuSu, the employee became slightly flustered and kept at an awkward distance while leading them to their seats and explaining various things about the auction in hopes of them getting fired up.

Of course, both of them remained calm, to the disappointment of the female employee.

After around thirty minutes, the attendees to the auction were all seated. Ke YongAn at this point was just here for fun and for a good show if there would be one.

"Now then, ladies and gentlemen, let the auction begin!"

At this, everyone began to whisper as their desires skyrocketed. Everyone was determined to gain something of their own today. At least, the ones on the bottom floor.

(Ahahahaha! It's time for the cliche scenario of an auction to begin! If ya read it with excitement I'll be extremely surprised.)