17. My Sweet Leslie

La Mort et ses Merveilles

Chapter 17: My Sweet Leslie 

"Well maybe you shouldn't have kissed him," I said as we walked up to the next house down the street. "Maybe he'd still be talking to you."

I couldn't help but laugh when Leslie told me about his disaster date with Clyde. If I thought Leslie moaning for Clyde while I sucked him off, imagine being told that the boy you've had a crush on for years, your lips still wet with his saliva, that he was getting engaged. I would've cried too.

"What did you expect me to do?" the young man said, stretching his arms in front of him with a chuckle. "That was my first time I ever felt that way towards anybody."

"You sure about that?" I asked, folding my arms.

"Yeah," the young man said, raising his hands up in mock surrender. "It's the truth this time."

At the very least, we were being honest with each other. There was more to Leslie then it meets the eye, and I was glad that he was opening up to me, that he trusted me well enough. We headed over to our next house, a fenced in two-storey building with a porch, about five houses down from Clara's house. Or the Anderson house, as Leslie corrected me.

"Don't think I'm attacking you or anything," I said as I followed Leslie through the open gate. "But why'd you tell me that I was the first one that you ever fell for, back then in the infirmary?"

The young man was silent, his lips pursed.

"I was scared of losing you," he told me. "That's why I said that. I thought it'll make you give a bit of thought to it, you know? And I wanted you to know that I wasn't playing around."

"You can be really smooth when you want to, you know that?" I said to him, raising an eyebrow. "But at other times you can be a bumbling awkward mess."

The young man only grinned sheepishly as we approached the front door. To my surprise, he spun around and leaned against the wall, his arms folded in front of him.

"Well," he said. "When we first enter a house, what do we do?"

I only shot him an annoyed glare, rolling my eyes.

"I survived out here for a month with my sister," I told him. "I know what to do."

"Ah, blondie's all grown up now," the young man chuckled, a teasing gleam in his bright blue eyes.

I landed a playful punch on his bicep.

"Don't patronise me, dumbass," I shot back, a slight smile on my lips.

Leslie let out a boyish chuckle, before pushing his body against the door, pressing his ear against it. Meanwhile, I checked the adjacent window. It seemed clear, but I knocked on the glass slightly just in case. Sometimes there were zombies laying dormant on the ground, and it was better to wake them up and give away their position before they jump on you. I've had too many close encounters to skimp on the precautions.

There seemed to be nothing, so I suppose the coast was clear.

"There's nothing inside," I said to Leslie, who had his hand on the handle.