Chapter 6

"No, no, NO!" Everyone's shrieks got louder and louder as Xavier guessed what I was drawing within ten seconds from the allotted thirty. My total shyness from before was gone as soon as I realized they took this seriously, and both Xavier and I became one quickly.

"Did we win?" He asked excitedly as Alex counted up the time. He looked up, his poker face on, and looked at everyone. My hands were squeezing the marker very tightly as everyone in the room stood on their toes.

"I'm sorry Xavier..." Xavier's face sunk and Noah stood up to embarrass his son but froze when Alex continued. "That you cant do your dance of celebration fast enough cause you won!"

It was silent for exactly five seconds before he stood up with a giant yelp, and jumped over the coffee table to stand in front of me. He picked me up, taking a shriek from me, and placed me on his shoulders with ease before he lifted his hands up in the air.

"Weeeeeeeee are the champions, my frieeeeend," he began to sing and I threw my head back and laughed, the shock completely evaporating. Everyone groaned as I joined him, our voices echoing around the room, until Alice reminded us of the sleeping children. As soon as that sunk in, he quickly slipped me from his shoulders and set me back down on the ground, taking a step away as everyone frowned. The smiles that were on their faces a few seconds ago were gone, and even a few glares were sent to Alice.

"What!?" She whispered hiss. "I don't want the children to wake up!"

The parents shrugged in agreement and then someone yawned. That was the cue for everyone else to start yawning, which meant game night was over.

"I'll take you to your room as you don't know the way yet." Xavier whispered to me and I nodded, watching as he went along and kissed cheeks or hugged people. I was standing besides the door, so people had no choice but to walk past me. What I didn't expect was for some of them to hug me, or shake my hand again, saying words like 'great game' or 'I'll get you next time.'

Delilah stepped ahead of her mate and made her way towards me. She paused arms length away, and smiled before she spoke. "I hope you liked our little family activity. We didn't scare you or anything?" She was giggling a bit, and I bit my lip as she hiccuped.

Someone had one too many drinks...

"Yes, I enjoyed it, and no, you didn't scare me."

"That's good." She turned around so now she was standing next to me, facing the last three men who were still behind: Alex, Noah, and Xavier. "Mmmm, damn I'm so lucky. Look at that fine piece of ass."

My jaw dropped and I had to cover my mouth as a laugh threatened to escape. Alex turned to look at us, and he winked at his mate, who in return giggled like a schoolgirl, before his gaze turned to me to give me a quick smile.

"Let's resume this later. I got to get your mother to bed before she wakes with a hangover." They all hugged again and then as a trio, began to walk towards us.

For the next five seconds that it took for them to reach the door, my head went into overdrive. As the generation walked down, looking like supermodels, my mind turned blank, and could only repeat two words.

Hot damn.

My lungs stopped circulating air throughout my body, but it's not like my brain was asking for it. It was being stupid with it. My heart had taken the memory of a black cat firecracker as a challenge, and was thumping so fast, I felt like it was going to jump out of my chest.

All in five seconds, my mind forgot that I didn't know these men, but it was still salivating over them.

The five seconds arrived much quicker than my mind expected, and two of the three men stopped in front of us. Alex picked up Delilah bridal style, and quickly ran, leaving no trace of him behind. The only indication was the high pitch squeal of a drunk Delilah, and I saw Xavier shudder from the corner of my eye.