Epilogue

"You will come back, right?" Delilah cried as she continued to hug me. I patted her back awkwardly now, watching as Alex rolled his eyes, but grinned, stepping forward once more to try and pry away his wife from me.

"There, there, leave the poor girl alone. You're choking her there, woman."

"Don't you woman me mister!" She snapped, releasing me for a second so she could talk to him. I tried to make an escape, but her hold was strong for a human. I was stuck under her claws. "She's family, and you know how hard it is for me to say goodbye to family."

"We will be back sooner than you know it," Xavier laughed as he came to rescue me. He smoothly eased his way into her arms, releasing me and I sighed in relief. I made a mental note to thank him later when we were finally away from here.

"But-"

"No buts. Not even mom is this worse. Besides, we aren't teenagers anymore, ma. You're supposed to be able to let us go."

"It seemed like only yesterday you were running around naked, refusing to put on a diaper because-" I saw his eyes widen and then he rushed over to me, his palms going over my ears to stop me from hearing what she was going to say. I grinned, shaking my head immediately to try and get away from his grip to hear what she was going to say.

"—DONT embarrass me like that!" I caught the ending of his plead.

"Awe, no! I missed it. Why did he not want to wear his diapers again?" I asked, but again, Xavier wouldn't let me know.

"Will you look at the time, we got to go."

I squealed as he picked me up easily, throwing me over his shoulder like a sack of flour as he began to walk to our bags that were in the middle of the field. I could feel the blood rushing to my cheeks as the family laughed and waved us goodbye.

"Xavier! Put me down! This is embarrassing!"

He set me down, but grabbed my hand and continued to drag me away, leaving me no choice but to finish my goodbyes with waves.

"Remember to not use protection! I want more kids out here!" Delilah screamed, causing him to freeze and groan. His free hand came to his face, smacking it so hard I was surprised he didn't leave an imprint. He ran the last few steps, picked up our bags with ease and dragged me West— our first location.

"That was... unexpected," I laughed when we were far away that they couldn't hear us. He stopped and handed me my things, still groaning and mumbling apologies.

"She's a bit crazy. Don't listen to her..."

"You love her, and you know it." I grinned and he couldn't help but to smile back.

"I do. Are you ready?"

I nodded. "I'm kind of surprised they let you leave like that."

"How?"

"Without protection."

He rolled his eyes and chuckled, grabbing my hand as he pulled me to the side. When I saw the figure standing there, with a similar bag on his shoulder, did I laugh and ran closer to him, throwing my arms around his shoulders.

"Ben! The group is here!"

He smiled and hugged me back, releasing me quickly so Xavier could tuck me underneath his arm, to kiss the side of my forehead. "Couldn't let this fool be by himself around you. Only the moon goddess knows how many more times he will slam doors on you."

The snort and laughter that came out of me lasted for a good solid minute as Xavier frowned and tried to defend himself. When he failed, I jumped up to kiss his cheek, and hooked my arm with his. "It's ok. We wouldn't be together right now if you hadn't done that."