Chapter 14

Being back in the castle grounds was all but a surprise to everyone, including myself. I never thought I would be back, much less still be alive. Tatiana was pissed no one had remembered her abilities, but her anger went away as soon as she saw the baby in Alices arms.

After a couple of rounds of the game 'passing Eva around,' Quinn checked my vitals in the room I had occupied before I had left, and left with a frown on her face as soon as she was done. Xavier quickly followed her, after making sure I was ok, leaving me by myself. I didn't mind being alone, as Tatianas words from a few hours before still rang through my mind.

Your end won't be coming anytime soon...

Did that mean what I thought it meant? That I was not going to die as a human? But that only meant one thing, and the thing went against everything I wanted. But was that really a bad thing?

Yes. Yes it is! My subconscious fought. It's taking away your choice! Remember, it's your choice, and not theirs!

A loud sigh escaped through my lips as I turned, my eyes flying open as sleep failed to come to me.

But then again... I thought, but shook my head and sat up, letting the sheets pool into my lap as I stared at the closed door. With quick, precise movements, I slipped back into my shoes and walked out of the room, wandering down the halls. For some reason, it didn't feel like I had been gone for days; it felt as if I had never left. The pain and my little vacation was just a dream, something my mind had come up with.

My fingers trailed against the wall as I walked towards my destination, waving and smiling at the people who wandered around the halls as well. I was a few steps away from the library doors when they swung open, and a handful of familiar faces walked out, laughing. They were a bit surprised to see me up and walking, but then they quickly forgot about that and one of the girls bounced closer.

"Eva! We are going for a few laps around the pool. Want to join us?"

"You have a pool?" I gasped. That was never mentioned in the tour...

Her brown eyes brightened as the group walked around us, the air filled with their excitement about water. "Yes!" She chirped. "Let's go!"

I stepped aside as I shook my head. "Oh no, don't let me stop you from going. Besides, I don't have a swimsuit or anything like that."

Her eyes traveled like an elevator, and the smile never left her face. "I think Melissa has a few things that can fit you. Come on, it will be fun! Besides, I know Xavier will like seeing you...." she stopped, wiggling her eyebrows and I felt my cheeks turning red as my eyes widened.

"Noooo. Now that's a double no." I palmed my cheeks, trying to hide the redness as she laughed and hook her arm around mine, dragging me back and away from the library.

"I was just joking. All the men are party poopers so we aren't allowed to wear two piece swimsuits." She rolled her eyes and my racing heart calmed a bit. My feet stopped trying to drag themselves and began to walk with her. She patted my hand when she felt me moving with her. "So a one piece it is!"

I nodded and the blush spread across my face again as I whispered out my next words. "I'm so sorry, but I seemed to have forgotten your name."

She laughed it off, clearly not mad. "Kayla." We entered a room that was floors away from mine, and a girl that I assumed was her sister was dancing around, a pair of shorts in her hand.

"Mel, do you have an extra one? Eva here need one and I remember you getting a couple new ones last month."

Melissa nodded, and danced her way to her closet, coming back with a black material in her hand. She threw it up in the air, and my hands caught it as she gracefully twirled while she took off her own shirt, officially leaving her in her undergarments.